LegacyGT.com

What tire polish last the longest

I did a search but could not find any thing to help. What tire polish /treatment will give a nice shine ( the wife likes a lot of shine) and holds up the longest ?

Does any product resist rain or is that unreasonable to expect.

Wet N Balck from Turtle Wax and apply it with the tire sponge. If you scrub it in on the first coat and then just lay another coat over it; it stays wet looking until you wash the car in a high pressure wash or touchless drivet-hrough wash. Even in the rain it stays on. It might not be wet looking after a long drive in the rain, but at least it stays balck and doesn't get all patchy like most others. And as an added bonus it smells just like the stuff the dealers use and gives the outside of the car that new car smell.;)
Let's kick this pig!

is HotShine the same as InsaneShine? I use the InsaneShine in small amounts

and as you said, it does not fling all over the car like their Endurance tire dressing.

i hate that Endurance...it's blobby, hard to apply, and seriously flings all over

the side of the car unless you use sparingly...but then it's so blobby and thick

that it takes forever to apply.

I used OCDetails recommendation of eagle one. I like it, shiny but not crazy shiny just makes them look wet and no sling problems. as for how long it lasts. It seems to do a good job, nothing crazy long but if I wash my car once a week I usually skip the tire shine every other.

The reason you have 4 different suggestions is that tire shine is subjective. There are varying degrees of shine (from shiny to natural) and durability (from not very durable to durability through a few rain storms).

Best bet is to just pick one and see if you like it. Trust me :)

i used to use armor all with good result. but i am going to try out eagle one per recommendation of OCDetails. :)

I used OCDetails recommendation of eagle one. I like it, shiny but not crazy shiny just makes them look wet and no sling problems. as for how long it lasts. It seems to do a good job, nothing crazy long but if I wash my car once a week I usually skip the tire shine every other.

I just bought a new bottle of the Turtle Wax Wet N' Black and it say "New Formula Stay On Even Longer". Go drop the $4 on a bottle and $3 on a sponge and try it out. I do mine about every two weeks, rain or shine and they always stay looking wet and black in between.
Let's kick this pig!

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Stoners More Shine!!http://www.mslt4tires.com/media/Photo-Can-91044-03.jpg

One coat......wait 15 mins..... 2nd coat.....wait 15 minutes drive away. Tires Glisten like theyve been baby oiled and no fling off as long as your trigger finger isnt toooo heavy :)

Archived