LegacyGT.com

Thumbs up for transmissioncoolers.us

srgdrum

I ordered a Tru-Cool trans cooler for my 5EAT from Transmissioncoolers.us I paid for upgraded shipping because I wanted to get it installed ASAP. This weekend as a matter of fact. Somehow they sent me the incorrect cooler. Bummer huh?

So I called prepared to hear "Send the wrong one back and we'll get the correct one to you." There was none of that. They air shipped the correct one to me with a return tag for the mistaken one.

So I got the correct part today in time for this weekends install. I was floored!

While this might not be a big deal since it is the way business should be handled but it seems that reputable vendors are getting scarce. Getting proper treatment from a vendor is big thing in my book.

Huge thumbs up to transmissioncooler.us

The install looks pretty straight forward. I'll post back tomorrow. There are a few walk throughs and tips available.

Anything to keep the 5EAT temps down is a good thing. Cheap insurance for less than $60.

hi, which one would i need for my 05 LGT wagon 5EAT?

It's a matter of preference. I'd say the biggest one you can fit. Iused the Tru-Cool 4452 and it's seems a tad small. Maybe the 4454 would be a little big.

All the sizes are listed on their website. www.transmissioncoolers.us or can be had on eBay for cheaper perhaps?

I'll cross post here too. I do not believe that is an issue with the TruCool transmission coolers because they only route the ATF as it needs. By default the cooler doesn't route the fluid in it's entire body when it's thick and cold. As it warms up and gets thinner, it gradually opens up valves and starts routing it increasingly in more and more of it's core.

That being said, I have a 4452 myself. The difference to going 4454 is really not that big. Couple inches longer and just a bit wider. Imho the 4452 works just fine.

I have been reading up a lot lately on things to do for 5EAT when going stage 2. I was wondering if this mod is really needed(i know it wouldnt hurt) if i am only going to be doing UP/DP and Cobb off the shelf stage 2 map. I wouldn't be tracking my car every weekend and i dont plan on BT every stop light maybe once in a while. Do you think i really need this mod?

Doing my research i found a bunch of people that recommend the 4454. It is one of the medium kits that fits our car. Not much of a difference between 4452.

I have been reading up a lot lately on things to do for 5EAT when going stage 2. I was wondering if this mod is really needed(i know it wouldnt hurt) if i am only going to be doing UP/DP and Cobb off the shelf stage 2 map. I wouldn't be tracking my car every weekend and i dont plan on BT every stop light maybe once in a while. Do you think i really need this mod?

Doing my research i found a bunch of people that recommend the 4454. It is one of the medium kits that fits our car. Not much of a difference between 4452.

Cheap and can't hurt.

I know mine runs cooler with the cooler in place. Imagine that? Heat is the #1 enemy of AT.

For reliability reasons? Clamp your vacuum T-lines under the TMIC so they don't blow off. Your stock TMIC will also need to be reinforced because it's running the risk of blowing the tabs and endtanks on it. You can do a Search and read up on it. Or, do what I did, bite the bullet and just get a Perrin or Avo TMIC.

Depending on mileage, maybe an AT fluid flush? Don't brake torque it all the time.

Oh yeah... and have fun with it but save for the IPT valve body job while you are at it. I'm planning for that next. Even before new wheels!

Now that's priority!!!

A drain should be enough, you don't have to do a flush. Toss in some BG Additive, it can't hurt. +1 to having money saved up for the IPT VB, just in case ...

Also, I forgot, see the datalogging thread. You definitely want to do some logging just to make sure the Cobb OTS map settled in nicely and it's not doing anything weird.

Thanks for the help. Didn't know it would cost so much to go stage two. Guess i underestimated what i needed. Just for reassurance purposes is this about right.

TMIC-New or reinforced

Drain or flush tranny fluid.

Datalogging

Trans cooler

and i should be fine with running stage 2.

Again thanks for all your help. You have opened my mind. lol

Might be my imagination but my car seems to shift a little crisper when it's fully warmed up...

If it's placebo affect that's fine with me!

My thanks to fishbone for his recommendation.

Archived