LegacyGT.com

Thule Roof Rack Question

Hey Guys-

I just purchased a Thule 400xt Roof Rack Kit off of craigslist and I was wondering if anyone new the measurements to mount it? Distance from the windshield and distance between front and rear rack. The rack was previously on another Legacy, so I know it has the correct "fit kit", but I didn't get the instructions that would show me exactly where to install it. I have scoured the internet and came up empty, so, if anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Bruce-

Thanks for your help, I did check that out, but it doesn't give the measurements they say will be in the "Fit Kit" for my exact vehicle. I tried to fit it myself, but it just didn't seem to fit correctly. I heard high wind noise when diving over 35 mph, and the rear window didn't seem to agree with the bracket. So, if anyone has the "fit kit" instuctions or has a setup that works good, I appreciate any suggestions. I am going to try to contact Thule customer support, but their hours just so happen to be exactly when I am working, so....

Just put it on, it's natural, you'll know it right when you see it. It's not rocket science.

I use both kits, Sedan and Wagon on the last 3 wagons to mount the ski box far enough forward so I can open the rear hatch without it hitting the wing.

Oh be sure and clean the paint real good and may be put some of that 3M clear tape down. This paint will scratch real easy. I just noticed a small amount of rust under the paint from where one of the bar parts nicked the paint a while back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived