LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on 3.6R Limited in black.

What a nice ride. I’m also looking at the 18 3.6 coincidentally also in Black. Are you having problems with the GT? I am probably going to factory order mine.
Same. Most likely going with black and I have to factory order mine, because there's not a single one with black interior and Eyesight in my entire state.

Boggles my mind that tan/ivory is the go-to.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We only want black on black as we’ve done the “ tan interior “ thing already. As far as what’s wrong with our GT,nothing. It’s just it’s a six speed and that shifting thing is getting old lol. :)
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Don't tempt me with that GT. That sounds like a ton of fun. Just out of curiosity, how many miles are on that thing?

I was/am a little skeptical of the longevity of the CVT after the whole warranty extension thing happened last year, and was planning on getting rid of my 11 OB before 100k anyway... I'm no stranger to a MT, I was actually looking at getting a Foz or Crosstrek Premium because it had the 6MT feature... Unfortunately I live about 10 miles west of NYC and the traffic is, at a minimum, devastating.

Yeah, black/black is my go-to color combo. Something so refined and sleek and timeless about it. My 09 Legacy was Black/Black.

^^^. As long as black is kept detailed, it’s on point lol. Our GT has 113,000 miles on her and has always been dealer serviced even when out of warranty. This is due to the fact that I wanted all oem parts installed as opposed to parts that just fit. We just had the engine pulled and all gaskets as well as the clutch parts replaced and or serviced. That was a $3300.00 job, but for peace of mind to me well worth it. :)

Also when we do post it for official sale, it will come with (2)sets of wheels. Summer high performance tires with wheels containing all tmps sensors, as well as the winter tires ( Bridgestone Blizzaks ) which also have tmps sensors. It will come with (2) sets of mats and several nib parts that we never installed.

I have one, had it ~two weeks, I'm happy with it...it's nice and warm when I get in the car after it's been out in the sun all day.

Then again it's the middle of winter...ask me how happy I am with an all black car with a black leather interior when it's summer :icon_lol:

Just my opinion, but I would never buy a black car again. My experience is that black is the worst color for showing dirt and constantly needs cleaning or wiping. I had a black Honda for a while and it was a real PITA keeping it looking clean.

Just my opinion, but I would never buy a black car again. My experience is that black is the worst color for showing dirt and constantly needs cleaning or wiping. I had a black Honda for a while and it was a real PITA keeping it looking clean.

Black is the hardest to keep clean and shows just about any defect, but it hands down looks the best when it's properly cleaned, clayed, polished, and waxed over any other color (imo). It's a trade off.

Also, fwiw, if you get a black/black Legacy, get some protective film pieces for the door panels. They show scuff marks from shoes really easily. I wish I had done it when I got mine.

that shifting thing is getting old lol. :)

Certainly can relate to that. I'm not at all disappointing with the H6 and new CVT in our OB. Just enough refinement has been added to keep us in the camp. If the Legacy offers the acoustic glass it's well worth it IMHO.

Happy Hunting.

Certainly can relate to that. I'm not at all disappointing with the H6 and new CVT in our OB. Just enough refinement has been added to keep us in the camp. If the Legacy offers the acoustic glass it's well worth it IMHO.

Happy Hunting.

I've heard of a few people custom-tuning the H6 on the SubaruOutback.org forums to run on 91/93 and the thing really roars to life.

Black is the hardest to keep clean and shows just about any defect, but it hands down looks the best when it's properly cleaned, clayed, polished, and waxed over any other color (imo). It's a trade off.

Also, fwiw, if you get a black/black Legacy, get some protective film pieces for the door panels. They show scuff marks from shoes really easily. I wish I had done it when I got mine.

I recently used Griot's synthetic clay kit. I think it was around $20 at the local Auto store before coupon, and it worked really well.

Thank you, they don’t have black ones around my area, only the blue and the red. So I’ve scheduled a ride on Tuesday just to see if this is really for us.

Chicago Auto Show is in 2 weeks. Curious to see if they announce the fate of the 3.6R here; last year, this is where they announced the 2018 Legacy details and in the past few years this is when they offer up information on changes.

Get ready to do a factory order if necessary if you truly want the 3.6!

Archived