LegacyGT.com

For those that thought they would install the factory NAV...

Opie

It's gonna be a little more difficult that you would really think....these are the Spec-B part numbers that relate to the Navigation components that you will need, I've only listed the part numbers that are different than what comes standard in the 2.5GT:

Intsrumnet Panel Wiring Harness: 81302AG05A

Stereo Deck Assembly: 86201AG66A

Navigation Dispaly Assembly: 86281AG04A

Navigation Display Bezel: 66060AG07A

Navigation Unit Assembly: 86271AG04A

Navigation Unit Bracket: 86274AG000

Cord Assembly - Adapter: 86273AG00A

Antenna Assembly - GPS: 86277AG12A

DVD Compact Disc ROM: 86283AG04B

Caution Label - Mercury Containing: 91502XA00A

Tapping Screw - Truss Head (3 Needed): 045005143

Flange Nut (4 Needed): 02380600

There may be additional parts needed as well, this is all I've found so far....I think buying a Garmin iQue is a better idea....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm willing to bet that there are even more parts required. Is the ECU part number the same for cars with navigtaion as those without? I think speed signals, gear selections, and other electronic signals are required in order to make the navigation unit operate correctly.

:-( Ohh too bad... so sad... There go my dreams of having a factory Nav unit.

Any idea how much all that would cost?

Not sure on pricing, you can check here though: http://www.subaruparts.com

I'm willing to bet that there are even more parts required. Is the ECU part number the same for cars with navigtaion as those without? I think speed signals, gear selections, and other electronic signals are required in order to make the navigation unit operate correctly.

Not sure if it's intergrated into the ECU or not, they are different part numbers though:

Spec-B ECU: 22611AK45B

2.5GT ECU: 22611AJ17A

From Subaru Parts.com:

81302AG05A Inst Pnl Harn Usa $233.81

86201AG66A Radio Assy Up3 $681.33

86281AG04A Display Ay / Contact $936.07

66060AG07A Panel Ay Ctr Mosia $71.81

86271AG04A Navi Ay / Contact Ke $950.51

86274AG000 Bracket Navig Unit $7.00

86273AG00A Cord Assy $68.73

86277AG12A Gps Assy $72.95

91502XA00A Label $1.66

045005143 Tapping Screw $0.69

Subtotal: $3,024.54

And the Spec-B ECU is $478.76. Subaruparts.com doesn't have prices for the DVD itself or the flange nuts.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

i have no 1st hand exp. with subaru's nav system, but from what i have seen in brochures and on the internet, it looks unimpressive both in looks and features, and seemingly pales in comparison to others i have seen in hondas, acuras and lexus(es)

if you have to have nav, i think the portable units like opie suggested is the way to go, especially since technology and software ages rapidly; how impressed will you be with your subaru nav system in three years (and after the warranty expires)?

Subaru's navigation system is based on the Kenwood KNA-DV3200, which is thought by many to be one of the best navigation systems on the market. What do Acura's and Lexus's navigation systems do that Subaru's can't (other than XM Navtraffic)?

Updated map discs and probably operating software will be available through dealerships in the future. I would imagine they'll release a new map set every year.

What do Acura's and Lexus's navigation systems do that Subaru's can't (other than XM Navtraffic)?

as i understand it, they have voice-recognition commands that allow you to speak all the menu functions, to control the entire audio system, to answer phone calls through your blue-tooth compatible phone, and get restaurant recommendations

they can also be linked to some of your ECU settings, and allow you to control things such as when to lock your doors automatically, when to have interior lights turn on or off, whether to disable seat belt chimes, etc.

the lexus nav system can also be integrated with a rear-view monitor for viewing out the rear at bumper level for things such as backing up, parallel parking, etc.

more expensive cars, yes, but the nav option is about the same cost; if subaru's had those features, it would be a no-brainer

as i understand it, they have voice-recognition commands that allow you to speak all the menu functions, to control the entire audio system, to answer phone calls through your blue-tooth compatible phone, and get restaurant recommendations

they can also be linked to some of your ECU settings, and allow you to control things such as when to lock your doors automatically, when to have interior lights turn on or off, whether to disable seat belt chimes, etc.

the lexus nav system can also be integrated with a rear-view monitor for viewing out the rear at bumper level for things such as backing up, parallel parking, etc.

more expensive cars, yes, but the nav option is about the same cost; if subaru's had those features, it would be a no-brainer

Items in red are capable through the info menu on Nav enabled Subarus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn't the Subaru navigation system voice-controlled? In this lawsuit-obsessed world, I think that voice operation would be included as one of the most important features.

I just installed my AVIC-N2 2 days ago, and I'm still trying to learn all of the voice commands. There are so many commands that I'm usually tempted to just use the touchscreen instead.

I bet these will probably work just fine:

86281AG04A Display Ay / Contact $936.07

66060AG07A Panel Ay Ctr Mosia $71.81

86271AG04A Navi Ay / Contact Ke $950.51

86274AG000 Bracket Navig Unit $7.00

86273AG00A Cord Assy $68.73

86277AG12A Gps Assy $72.95

Get a PDF file so that the harness can be figured out/studied.

Spec B has different HU because its got MP3 capability.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Heh. Thanks. I'm trying. I vaguely recall sanity :)

You're in Columbus? I see Cary, NC on your profile. Very beautiful country.

Unfortunately, also the town I was in on 9/11/01. I'll never forget that.

I'm all sorts of positive over here :)

Dave

Right on. Cary is, indeed, nice. Despite the timing, I had a good time there. The scenery and tall pines are amazing and the people are great. It's also a pretty sweet drive to and from Ohio.

Take care and have a good trip back,

Dave

PS- these LGTs are killer roadtripper's eh?

Actually, I took a plane to here, but it took ~8 hours w/ connections, which is imilar to what a road trip would've taken, so next time I'm hitting the highway.

Plus my baby needed some "maintainence" so I left it at the dealer.

Yeah, I took a 4 hour drive straight to VA without a single fuel stop.

I keed I keeed

Archived