LegacyGT.com

thinking of trading my LGT for.....

an 07 Si sedan...........

ok im not crazy. well that's another thread. anyways i used to own an integra GSR b4 my LGT. i miss my GSR. don't get me wrong LGT is a great car. gobs of gobs of torque and its really an "adult" sports sedan. however my mileage really not get noticibily better. and regardless of its power its still a big car that isn't tossable.

two things; yes LGT is a different car than a GSR or a civic, however i bought the LGT thinking i would like a big car w/ power. but really i think i can live w/ a smaller car with less power (alot less) but more agility. the other thing is that my LGT is 100% stock. i kno a couple of aftermarket parts will change the way LGT drives but im thinking don't waste the money and get the civic.

what do u guys think? all opinions are welcome.

A civic is too common. If anything wait for the 08's to come in and trade it in for an N/A version. I used to own a 2.5i SE, the only thing bad is the gas mileage otherwise i love my 07gt. Just look at how many civics you see on the road and how many legacies. Dont get me wrong there is nothing bad with a civic, but its just to common. Plus, your gonna miss the boxer growl.

Well, I used to own a 97 Civic EX. I was one of those guys who poured thousands of dollars into the SOHC motor to get ~160whp N/A out of it to fight against the DOHC Si's (intake, ported and polished head, ported intake manifold, ported throttle body, full exhaust, upgraded injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump, pulleys, suspension, brakes, you name it). Honestly, I think you're making a mistake. I had the car for four years or so, and I put my money and blood into that car, literally. I'm an autocrosser by nature, and yes, this car is a little harder to "toss around". But you say that you're not willing to spend the money on the parts. Do you really feel that a stock Civic (even the Si) is so much easier to "toss around"? I drove a GSR and TypeR before buying my Civic, and honestly, besides the motor, they were just cars. If suspension and handling is your goal, throw in a set of springs or coilovers. Honestly, it's not worth giving up such a nice car just to get the small car feeling. But, that's just my .02. But, I have come from EXACTLY where you're coming from.
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Instead of taking the HUGE depreciation hit on the LGT. Install F&R sways along with a good set of springs on the car along with SS lines & n perpormance set of brake pads.

It really does change the car....ALOT!!!!!

If you are still unhappy with the car sell the sways & springs, you'll still get about .80-.90 cents on the dollar for those....

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Instead of taking the HUGE depreciation hit on the LGT. Install F&R sways along with a good set of springs on the car along with SS lines & n perpormance set of brake pads.

It really does change the car....ALOT!!!!!

If you are still unhappy with the car sell the sways & springs, you'll still get about .80-.90 cents on the dollar for those....

Please listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Little bit of money on the LGT and it will feel more tossable then a new civic. I know I test drove one a while ago and I could do waaaaay more stuff with my modded LGT.

Of course, do some stuff to a new civic and it will spank a LGT on a small autocross course.

I have had the following cars:

1980 Toyota Celica GT

1983 Honda Prelude

1989 Honda Prelude S

1990 Acura Integra LS

1992 Geo Storm

1993 Acura Integra Special Edition

1994 Acura Integra GS-R

1995 Honda Civic LX

1996 Honda Prelude SI

1996 Acura 2.5TL

1996 Honda Civic LX

1997 Acura Integra Type R

2000 Honda Civic EX

2000 Audi S4 (chipped & tricked)

2000 Honda Accord EX V6

2001 Honda CR-V

2001 Honda Civic EX

2001 Volkswagen Beetle

2001 BMW 325i

2001 Subaru Impreza WRX

2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

2004 Dodge Durango Hemi

2005 Subaru Legacy GT

I definitely had my share of Hondas and Acuras with VTEC... I must say I don't think I could go back after drinking the turbo / all wheel drive Koolaid.

A few bucks can go a long way with the LGT.

You are probably looking at getting about half of what you paid for your LGT (trade in value) as well. The question is whether or not you'd buy a new Civic Si for twice what you could get a used 05 LGT for.

Keep the LGT and mod that mofo. Make it "tossable".

Or do whatever you like.

:)

It's just bizzare to me to hear someone refer to the LGT as a "big car." Yikes! My Dodge has the same dimensions as a BMW 7 series. The LGT feels like a go-cart!

If you need that big of a difference in feel, you'll probably need to go Lotus!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I'd say, try a set of sways. Its a simple 2hr mod that'll make your car much more fun. BTW you can't beat the modability of the Subaru's. You know how much $$$ it takes to get 50hp and 100lbft out of NA engine. AWD+AP+Up+DP and viola a tossable nice ride

Archived