LegacyGT.com

Thinking of getting an 03/04 Legacy GT Sedan - Questions about differences

Adrift

Hi everyone, Just found this forum the other day, looks like a great resource! I'm considering getting myself an 03/04 Legacy GT Sedan. I test drove the 2005 base model (v4), and was quite impressed (Price as tested $28,000ish Canadian dollars). I was told the 2005 Turbocharged starts at ~$36,000 I then checked out the autotrader to find that the 03/04 Legacys with around 20,000km on them go for ~$20,000 CAN, or about $10,000 cheaper then the 2005 model. Aside from the 2005 redesigned body, extra 3 or 4 HP and turbo charger in the GT, what are the other differences between these years? I am interested less in speed and more in comfort and safety. That's one reason why I'm leaning towards getting a 03/04 GT, which has all the nice little "extras" (leather, heated mirrors/seats/auto temp control, etc...). It somewhat worries me though that there has been such a drastic price reduction in just a one year old car which -upon my inspection- really isn't that different technically. I don't mind the 03/04 bodies - no question the 2005 is sexier. Also, on a side note, are GTs the only trim level with traction control? Thanks Adrift

the h4 is gutless. 05's have more safety and comfort in them. side curtain air bags and a hardened steel roof in the 05. better stereo and ergonomics. automatic climate control isn't that great. 05 oem tires suck but then, don't they all. i had a 2001 LL bean(h6), the seats were flat compared to the new ones. the tranny banged if you let up on the gas and then pushed back down on it right away. the car more wollowly than the 05. not much to complain aboot. best advice test drive them ALL. once you try the turbo or h6 you won't go back to the plain h4. other than that subies are great cars. just maintain them and they'll go for long, long time.

[quote name='Adrift']Hi everyone, Just found this forum the other day, looks like a great resource! I'm considering getting myself an 03/04 Legacy GT Sedan. I test drove the 2005 base model (v4), and was quite impressed (Price as tested $28,000ish Canadian dollars). I was told the 2005 Turbocharged starts at ~$36,000 I then checked out the autotrader to find that the 03/04 Legacys with around 20,000km on them go for ~$20,000 CAN, or about $10,000 cheaper then the 2005 model. Aside from the 2005 redesigned body, extra 3 or 4 HP and turbo charger in the GT, what are the other differences between these years? I am interested less in speed and more in comfort and safety. That's one reason why I'm leaning towards getting a 03/04 GT, which has all the nice little "extras" (leather, heated mirrors/seats/auto temp control, etc...). It somewhat worries me though that there has been such a drastic price reduction in just a one year old car which -upon my inspection- really isn't that different technically. I don't mind the 03/04 bodies - no question the 2005 is sexier. Also, on a side note, are GTs the only trim level with traction control? Thanks Adrift[/QUOTE] have you considered the '05 base legacy 2/5i? you'll get some of the features the gt has, sans the performance. the legacy (at least the USDM models) dont have VDC. if you want that, you'd have to step up to the outback.

Archived