LegacyGT.com

There is and will never be another Subaru like this...

Hey all. For those that know me (Also known as Bad Wagon) I have been known to do an try things that aren’t “mainstream” to the Nasioc ways but it’s finally time to share my crowning jewel. Many of you have seen my Wagon and love it or hate it, it was one of a kind and it was taken from me by Mother Nature in the form of a strategically placed deer. It has been a while since that fateful night and its now time to show you what I have been working on for the pass year or so. This, its not the same car I had before reincarnated, but a totally new monster so love it or hate I can 100% guarantee that there is and never will be another Subaru like this again.

Let’s start with the Chassis.

I started by stripping all the stock undercoating off and stitch welded the entire chassis. I know many members feel that this is un-necessary but I did it for added rigidity and it made it to I could shave some weight off the chasses by getting rid of most of the un-needed supports and mounting points so in the end I shaved a good 100lbs off the car. Coated the underside in POR15 and then applied 2 coats of hard rubberized undercoating to keep it light but not defining. Here are a few pics of the end result. The Front frame rails are still cut short so I can make a custom core support for the Intercooler and radiator so we will get to that later. I also took all the crossmembers and seam welded and boxed in all the weak points to help with the all the HP this thing is going to make and then POR15ed those as well.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/001a.jpg

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/001b.jpg

Now that the Chassis is mostly finished we can start assemble of the mountain of parts that’s going to be going into it.

For those that know me, all my cars may be “flashy” or “ricey” or whatever but they were all fast. My old wagon was packing 545whp daily driven and this car is no exception. From a gracious sponsorship from Brian Crower we attained the entire top level product line for this motor.

2.7L Stroker Kit 8:4:1 Compression

Darton Sleaves

1mm Oversized Intake/ Exhaust Valves

Ti Springs/ Retainers

Stage 3 Race Cams

To compliment these parts we added all the best supporting mods…

ARP Crankcase Bolt Kit

ARP Headstud Kit

Cosworth Oil Baffle Plate

Cosworth High Volume Oil Pan

Cosworth Blueprinted High Volume Oil Pump

Cosworth Timing Belt Guide

Cosworth Head Gaskets

Greddy Timing Belt

Machine work was done by Dan Benson who’s very well known for his sleaving. He bored, and balanced the entire rotating assy for 9000 rpm rev limit which is great for a 2.7L. Also fully Ported the heads with a like 20 angle Valve Job.

After the Block came it was given to the pros at PIA for assembly. They did a great job putting the long block together for us and it will be returning for Tim @ Surgeline Tuning to dial it in on the dyno.

So now on to the supporting mods. Currently we only have enough fuel and a turbo to make 650ish whp so when I get more funds will put the big boy turbo (or twin!?!) in and punch out the target goal of 850whp. We are going to run Direct port Meth injection using the AUX Injector ports in some APS tumbler deletes and a direct port nitrous kit in the intake manifold for extra fuel so we might be able to squeeze more out.

So far this is what we have (many of these parts are from the old Wagon):

Engine:

Agency Power Crank Pulley

Unorthodox P/S Pulley

Unorthodox Alternator Pulley

NGK Iridium Plugs

Cusco Motor Mounts

P&L SS AVCS Lines

P&L SS P/S Line

Fuel:

Aeromotive 20gal Fuel Cell

Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump

Aeromotive High Volumn Fuel Rails

Aeromotive Fuel Regulator

X2 Walbro Inline Helper Pumps

Custom 5lt Surge Tank

Full Russell Fittings/ Hardlines

RC1400cc Injectors

Turbo/ Intake/ Exhaust:

Turbonetics GTK650 Turbo

Tial 44mm Wastegate

Turbo XS Externally Gated Up-pipe

Turbo XS TMIC Core

GTspec V2 Header

Custom Rotated Turbo Pipe

Custom Down-Pipe

Custom Exhaust

X2 Magnaflow Race Mufflers

Custom Intercooler Piping

PnT High Flow Intake Manifold

Custom Billet 75mm Throttle Body

APS Tumbler Deletes

Agency Power Phenelic Spacers

Electronics/ Meth/ Nitrous:

AEM Stand Alone EMS

Custom AEM Direct Port Methanol Injection Kit

NX Express Direct Port Nitrous Kit

NX Express Intercooler Sprayer

AEM Uego Wideband Gauge

AEM Tru-Boost Boost Controller

AEM Digital Volts Gauge

AEM Digital Oil Pressure Gauge

AEM Digital Oil Temp Gauge

AEM Digital Water Temp Gauge

AEM Digital Fuel Pressure Gauge

Okay on with the Assembly!!!!!

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/002a.jpg

For starters I coated the engine in a nice flat black engine coating to give it a different look. I want to showcase the performance parts installed on top it. I am starting with wiring and fuel.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/003a.jpg

Installed the tumblers, injectors and taped the aux ports for the water/meth nozzles. Now its time to hard-line fun! I decided to go hardlines because I can keep things much tight and better secured. Got all the Russell fittings and hose at TH Motorsports and the prices were great. A+ to TH for Hooking me up! Pics of the finished fuel system on Friday! I am on a very tight schedule so I will have progress pics every Friday and Monday.

Johann @ Girodisc

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good. Looks mighty. But WHY 850 whp and why 650 whp is not enough ? Even a Formula One car doesn't pack 850 whp anymore...What kind of aerodynamic treatment you plan for the car to keep it on the ground thru a corner ?

I have a full 4" widebody kit mocked up for it and it will be running 19x10.5 +23 with 275/30/19s all around. We'll be getting to that later. 650whp will probably be where it stops but I want to build everything to handle 850whp so in case I ever decided to go for it I don;t have to take everything back out and re-do it.

No 1/4 miles. Corners, lots of corners, and for desert, corners. :lol:

Johann @ Girodisc

I don't need to spend that kind of money on something somebody else built. I am all about pick the parts and do it myself not just get something anyone with a bottomless can get.

Also the parts were sponsored for a very good price from Brian Crower so not only was the total cost of the long block cheaper but its better in my opinion.

No pics of the car that comes later. I have this build separated into sections so it progresses smoothly and if I take pics of various parts of the car it just turns into a mess.

Johann @ Girodisc

why not just buy the cosworth motor and customize that?

Well I worked late into the night and got the hardlines done a day early. Used a 10an to 2 8an Y block mounted to the engine and ran 8an or 1/2" hardline through the Aeromotive rails to the Aeromotive Regulator where I am running a 6an return. I had to grind down the APS Tumbers to fit the giant RC injectors but I mad it work and when the rails needed spacers to fit them so its pretty cramped.

Here are the Hardlines, everything came out really nice and its going to make for a nice sturdy point to attach my wiring too. I have made sure to clear all the ports I need and if you look where the lines enter and exit its all over the tranny. Everything that comes off the engine will come off over the tranny and there will be nothing in the engine bay but engine, intercooler pipes and a monster turbo.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/004a.jpg

I had an old Stock A/C Pump to check clearence on the forward drivers side line but I have one of the new smaller 09 WRX A/C pumps coming so it should fit nicely. Got the stock wiring harness de-loomed so I can set it in and move everything around so it goes where it should always have gone. I'll have pics of those Monday. The Turbo was pre-installed to check clearance but I took it back off to do the wiring and I still need gaskets so I'll have pics of the turbo back on soon.

Johann @ Girodsic

On on with the wiring. De-loomed the harness and re-routed it a little. Cut out all the emotions bull**** and now we have a much leaner better setup. I am running all the connections over the tranny to keep the engine bay as clean as possible and it will help with servicing.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/005b.jpg

Now we’ll start slapping on the header and the TURBO!!!!!! I added some more welds to the Header to hopefully hold the boost and the heat better. Put the up-pipe on and modified the stock bracket to be sturdier so it can hold that monster turbo up. Lightly installed the Tial gate and dump tube and now turbo time. Turbo XS up-pipe is nice because it’s built to house the 44mm Tial gate and as I said before I modified the upper piece to better suit the build. If it shows as a weak point I’ll redo it to be all one piece but the weld on it are nice and the wall thickness is good. The DP had a weird 3 bolt flange on it and since I moved the up-pipe it’s worthless so I am going to make a new one. I won’t weld it ill I get the tranny attached to the block and mount the car so I can get proper fitment. Also I wanted to start from scratch because my whole exhaust will be V-Bands!!!

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/007a.jpg

Oh and here is one more with the intake manifold set on there. Look at the size of the throttle body port. mmmmm 70mm aaaghaagaha....

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/Project_Stiletto/005a.jpg

Archived