LegacyGT.com

Thanks Subaru but I dont fit in the new Legacy

Looks great, fit and finish is top notch. But the new center console is even wider than the new Impreza console and I dont fit in it. Too wide console and too long legs = bad fit and rubs my knee too much to be comfortable. I am 6 foot 6 and all legs. I fit in my 03 WRX just fine. Sucks to be me.

What's also interesting is that a friend of mine who is roughly the same as you are, Silverbugeye, tall and all legs, found that with a power Leggy, there wasn't enough room for him, but with the manual sliders, there was. He was surprised that the power stuff took lost that much space, but it seemed to. Kevin

I was in a non-power seat model. Maybe its just me in my old age now. The Mazda 3 , 05 Impreza , and 05 Legacy were all too narrow at my knees to fit in. Crazy thing is that the 04 Protege, 04 Impreza, and 04 Legacy... I can fit in. 04 Baja good.... 04 Forester no, same center console as new Impreza

Guest *Jedimaster*
My only complaint fit wise is that I can feel the seat bolsters on the back of the seat squeezing my lats. I powerlift, but I think they're still a bit too tight.

I got to sit in a legacy sedan this weekend and overall I was disapointed in the size. In the front seat I can make do if I lean the seat back a notch but the back is where there was a problem. Legroom was acceptable for short trips but my hair/head was constantly rubbing/bumping on the back window frame. I feld like I had to lean forward all the time to be comfortable, I'm (only) 6foot tall. If I was to hit a large bump I would certainly have a nice lump in my head. I don't feel that I could ever ask an adult family member or co-worker to sit in the back of this sedan for anything but short distances. The outback was a different story and there was enough room.

Legacy sedan is listed as 0.2 inches smaller than the WRX for rear headroom. The problem wasn't so much the roof line but something behind my head (window frame?) that touched. The one I sat in was a 2.5i and it didn't have power seats or sunroof. With those standard GT features the front would have been tight also. Believe me, I really want to fit.

Aha. I never have passengers. As a matter of fact, my seats are perpetually folded down in my WRX wagon, so back seat room doesn't really concern me much (I know...selfish mo-fo). :lol: Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Aha. I never have passengers. As a matter of fact, my seats are perpetually folded down in my WRX wagon, so back seat room doesn't really concern me much (I know...selfish mo-fo). :lol: Kevin[/quote] I have a feeling that is how mine will be too. I rarely evey carry more than two in my vehicle.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Screw the passengers- I'm buying this car for me. When I have someone in the back seat (rarely)- um, I mean for riding in the car purposes, and they complain, my reaction is "suffer beeches!". :lol:

[quote name='jedimaster']Screw the passengers- I'm buying this car for me. When I have someone in the back seat (rarely)- um, I mean for riding in the car purposes, and they complain, my reaction is "suffer beeches!". :lol:[/quote] "riding" in teh car eh? :lol:

The question really isn't whether there is enough room for people who don't use the rear seat. The question is whether there is enough room for people who want to use it. Again, I was on the edge of fitting. It was acceptable but I think 6 foot tall is the limit.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I'm 6'2 bout 190lbs and I fit with PLENTY of room to spare. Shit I had a Grand Am which is a bigger car and I had to have the seat all the way back. With my Legacy I have the seat half way back. There is lots of room in this car.

awww hell. This is not good news for me. :-( I'm a lengthy/beefy guy myself (6'3", 230lbs, very long legs) and I have trouble in cars with the wider center consoles but can do okay as long as there's a telescoping wheel in most cases. I think the Leg wheel just tilts, not telescopes. Damn. I go right by a Suby dealer on the way home so I might stop by to see how I fit in one. I'm still a ways off from buying a new car but that would really suck if I don't even fit. Obviously fitting in the damned thing is a prerequisite, LOL.

Archived