LegacyGT.com

Test driving an 09 WRX?

Garandman

Contacted Mini USA a few months ago and they emailed me every other week inviting me for a test drive. Scheduled an appt and the car was waiting by the door with the engine running when I got there.

Call up the BMW, Infiniti, and Honda dealers and they have a car waiting for me when I arrive.

Call up Manchester Subaru, where I bought the OBW, and they have one 09 WRX that they have someone else "looking at."

Does anyone have these in stock and a dealer demo, or are they too new?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought my last Subaru at Manchester Subaru but got put in touch with an idiotic salesperson.

So today I emailed Ira Subaru (near my other office) today and asked if there was an 09 WRX I could test drive.

These have not yet arrived on the ground. We should be receiving Impreza WRX Sedans shortly. When are you available to come in and reserve one for yourself?

I emailed back:

I’m not interested in buying one until a test sit and test drive.

I’ve test driven a Mini Cooper S and planned to order one Saturday, but as I currently own my third Subaru and as the 2009 WRX is much improved from the 2008, I thought I’d take a look at them before doing so. I’ve driven the previous generation WRX and the Legacy GT extensively and those aren’t of interest to me.

And then, a miracle happened!

I have great news for you!! I just received word that we do have a 2009 Impreza WRX Sedan in stock and available for test drive!! What time today are you available to visit us and take a test drive?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I'm thinking of giving my LGT up on lease (Feb 09) for an 09 WRX upgrade.

This is the same guy who has stated numerous times that the current look reminds me of an anal suppository that has melted in the hot sun (or a hot ass) for an hour.

Call Steve Appelbe directly at Manchester Subaru - (603) 668-2411 - and I am sure he will hook you up with a test drive.

Email can be hit or miss.

Who is he? When I bought my 06 OBW from them, I never spoke to anyone until I showed up with a check.

I emailed two of them two weeks ago, with no reply. I did email F_Audi last night to ask him what is going on. I'm typically loyal to suppliers, but they have to do their jobs.

I'm going to look at the WRX sedan and see if I fit in one with the sunroof. That's a problem for me in an LGT with sunroof. The looks of the 5 door are a little off, although the form factor is practical.

The STI is entertaining but with the amount I drive on bad roads, the ride would probably make me crazy. The 09 WRX seems to be closer to the original.

The Minis are fun and their short length is a plus in the city, but owning a BMW, even on warranty, is not appealing.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Guest heightsgtltd

I think the 5 door is WAY better looking than the WRX sedan. That being said, they are both super ugly :lol:

You might want to check out an A3 if you havent already, its a fun drive.

I tried to last Fri....none on the lot to drive...guess they're in between model years. Sales guy handed me a brochure and shooed me out the door. Guess he thought I wasn't serious since I was driving the beater Jeep :lol::mad:

Thing about the A3....no turbo/manual/quattro. I'd even settle for a DSG....not offered.

Guest heightsgtltd

A3 with 3.2 gets you the quattro, and since VVG is considering an cooper S I assumed that AWD wasnt a deal braker.

it's a little odd you can get the 2.0 with the DSG in a GTI but not the A3

I'm going to look at both, as the 5 door has a lot of cargo advantages.

One of the reasons to look at a Mini Cooper or a WRX is the amount of competition available at autocrosses. The A3 might be a nice car, but I don't think many of them will show up. That and two friends with an A4 and S4, respectively, had very poor ownership experiences.

I'll still have the OBW for other duties like towing, so I don't need to compromise with an automatic.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I'd like a manual but would be willing to get a DSG if it meant AWD. It's not a deal breaker but I'd like to sell my Jeep so having AWD is a nice option. We don't get snow often here, but when we do, it can be enough to mean you're not going anywhere in a FWD.

The new MINI's are too soft....more Honda than the previous gen cars. Two of my friends sell at the local dealer....one has the new JCW, one an '02 original. Both have said they like the older cars better, as do I. Especially for auto-x.

Check out the insurance rates on the WRX ans STI before you decide that it is cheap :)

They are low, currently (for me, $60/mo on a multi-vehicle policy). But, just like the last gen, that will surely change as accident rates increase.

New rates: MA is now allowing competition instead of managing the prices.

2009 Outback XT: about $1,200

2009 Mini Cooper: about 1,250

2009 Mini Cooper S - About $1,300

200 WRX - $1,500

Who would think that a quote for $1,500 is good news? Me!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

STI only I believe. It's a fueling issue up top at redline well past the power peak (as in too much timing, not enough fuel to prevent detonation). There was a recall for new ECU flash.

LGT owner F_Audi got in touch with me and I'm going to stop by there tomorrow.

i know its still early in the day, but let us know how it was...

i was at patrick subaru last week to price some all season floor mats, and a rubber clutch pedal ($55, $6, respectivly), anywho i was looking at the new 09 wrx's while i was there (they had quite a few)... the sales rep was terrible.. firstly he knew very little about the car outside of available colors and options.. he knew nothing about the stop build.. and he completely gave me the run around when i was trying to make a serious inquiry... granted all i wanted was a test drive but you never know i could have walked out with a new car, his loss..

i know its still early in the day, but let us know how it was...

i was at patrick subaru last week to price some all season floor mats, and a rubber clutch pedal ($55, $6, respectivly), anywho i was looking at the new 09 wrx's while i was there (they had quite a few)... the sales rep was terrible.. firstly he knew very little about the car outside of available colors and options.. he knew nothing about the stop build.. and he completely gave me the run around when i was trying to make a serious inquiry... granted all i wanted was a test drive but you never know i could have walked out with a new car, his loss..

I caught up with LGT'r Mike C @ Manchester Subaru and we went for a test drive. I headed off to some of my favorite twisties around Lake Masabesic, and some highway travel.

The car is not going to be in MOMA anytime soon but the driving dynamics are spectacular and the price/performance ratio equally so. They gave me a very fair price and I bought a Rally Blue 5 door Premium, to be picked up next week!

Sistership.

http://www.edmunds.com/media/2007/newyork/08.subaru.impreza.wrx/wrx.hatch.blue.340.jpg

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrx09seat1.JPG

Front seats are a great mix of comfort and support during cornering, without being difficult to get in/out. May go with a Katzkin kit like the OBW.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

A3 with 3.2 gets you the quattro, and since VVG is considering an cooper S I assumed that AWD wasnt a deal braker.

it's a little odd you can get the 2.0 with the DSG in a GTI but not the A3

The 09' model u can get the 2.0T w/ DSG and Quattro in the A3.

I wanted to get an A3 before I got my LGT, but i didnt want a 3.2v6 in order to get quattro. This yr they finally made it avaliable :spin:

Guest heightsgtltd
oh yeah? That's really cool and a welcome change. I had considered the A3 when i bought my LGT but the lack of Quattro and DSG on the 2.0 held me back. Not to mention, the 2.0 has a lot more TQ. now.

Archived