LegacyGT.com

Tell the difference between SPT exhaust versions

keithk831

That is a V2. Cans are deff V2. Also, 1 piece mid pipe. Cut it open at the "y" and get ready to throw up in your mouth. Nicely crushed pipes shoved together and welded. Good 30% restriction in flow at "y"

got any pics?

I was just curious. I always had a nagging feeling the SPT had a restriction somewhere I couldn't see - and it wasn't the 2.5" reduction 'cause I cut that out. Mufflers have more baffles than I would prefer but don't seem to be much worse than anything else on the market without going to a straight through design.

Did a quick search and couldn't find 'em. I'll keep digging around.

Yeah, not too impressed with my V2 (+ twinscroll)... Visual aesthetic-wise it is a nice piece IMO, but the sound and y-pipe fabrications sucks. I have heard it on non-twinscroll and it sounds better but still not up to par with a well designed CBE like the Cobb/Stromung.

I have thought about having a shop cut out the Y and redo it properly, but my money is tied up in other projects right now.

So...does anyone know what replacement gaskets I would need for the SPT v2 catback for the y-pipe to muffler connection? I had to modify the stock gaskets to fit, and partially broke one in the process (so now I have a slight leak).

Archived