LegacyGT.com

tein h-tech spring swap and spec torque

j255c

I had a really rough ass time installing my h-techs with a couple of buddies tonight. We only ended up being able to get in the rears (figured wed start with the hardest first). In any event, the torque spec for the lower strut bolt/nut is 121 or something. My torque wrench only goes up to 78 and i twisted it as far as i could, is it safe to ride with 78lb ft tq vs 121. This is the highest torque spec i have ever seen ona suspension bolt. Any thoughts? ALSO WHY THE HELL ARE THESE BOLTS SO HARD TO GET OFF SHEESH!!! IF I DIDN"T USE A JACK TO HELP SUPPORT THE SOCKET WRENCH TO GET THE BOLTS OFF IT NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPEND!

Thanks,

Jeff

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

crap i just read the manual and realized i didn't tighten down the shock tower bolt till i couldn't anymore... i hope i have no clunks!

Oh yeah what would you recommend as a performance alignment when i finally get my fronts in?

well.. i just finished my install, and it is a world of difference imo. Never can imagine having stage II power w/ out the added performance suspension again! Will post pics soon in the picture section

went from being able to fit 4 fingers for me between tire and wheel fender to 2. so probably about 1.5 inches in front and 1 in rear

Archived