LegacyGT.com

switchblade key sold on ebay for legacy

Sebastian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-2005-2006-SUBARU-LEGACY-OUTBACK-FLIP-KEY-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ160368519543QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2556b56977

I've seen people post how-to's on how to convert keys but this is the first time I've seen one sold thats meant for our cars. Any idea how much a dealer would charge to set this up? Would I still be able to use my current keys and remotes after they do so?

• 2 weeks later...
To me the ebay switchblade key is el-cheapo. It looks thin, I don't like how the buttons look on it, meh :(

the buttons look the same as the 05 remote buttons.

the switchblade key posted doesnt look that bad, I mean we dont have many alternatives. He claimes it has oem components.

would the dealer cut and program this key, or do they only do oem subaru keys?

if anyone has or had this, some input would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Anyone? My one-piece key/fob dropped out of my pocket and was squished under a heavy door at work. This would be a great repalcement, if it works. Post here if you have tried this solution.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

It works, but not as well as it should. Mine only lasted a few weeks before it broke, and it ships with a blank immobilizer so unless you swap it with an immobilizer from one of your other keys like I did, you would have to get all of your keys reprogrammed by the dealer, which is $$$

Thanks for posting your feedback. A few weeks is not a long time. Bummer.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

Archived