LegacyGT.com

suspension help needed!!! have JDM gt sedan shocks struts, need replacement

TRAC3

so my car was hit the other day by some azzhat who decided to take a left turn into me. the left front suspension was damaged significantly, and I need to replace the drivers side strut.

my problem is I'm not sure which parts I need to replace it with... please read on, I need help!!!!! :)

there are currently JDM GT sedan shocks on my wagon. with STI pink auto tranny wagon springs.

the shocks/struts were originally purchased overseas by an LGT member, and then sold to the former owner of my car when the LGT member switched to coilovers.

have heard that the JDM GT sedan Shocks/struts are a hard item to come by?

or are they the ones from Japan Parts.com?

which part number specifically are they ?

was looking on the japan parts site and on here, and looking at part numbers, and not sure which might be which...

I know they're not JDM spec B shocks/struts

little help as to what part I need to pick up to replace the damaged parts on my car.... have the car at Ultimate Collision right now and he needs to know what to order up.

JDM:

Bilstein Parts:

Bilstein upper front strut mount - 2 needed - 20320AG000

Bilstein upper front strut mount dust seal - 2 needed - 20326AG000

Bilstein upper rear strut mount - 2 needed - 20370AG000

Bilstein 2.0GT Rear Shocks - 2 needed - 20365AG040

Bilstein 2.0GT Front Strut (Right) - 20310AG060

Bilstein 2.0GT Front Strut (Left) - 20310AG070

Rev. C GT Bilsteins:

20310AG400 - front right strut JDM BP/BL 2.0GT / 3.0R

20310AG410 - front left strut JDM BP/BL 2.0GT / 3.0R

20365AG260 - rear shock (same left & right) JDM BP/BL 2.0GT / 3.0R

:spin:

Thanks

Evan

and to post my own followup... I do have stock suspension that I can go to for the minute if need be, but I'd rather not have to align the vehicle numerous times, while waiting for new suspension to come in.

I have the full OEM setup as well as some extra springs, i believe to be jdm sedan springs, is this the time to switch to coilovers if I cannot just order the new front components?

The part # is on the strut. Check it on the damaged strut. If it's not visible, check the passenger one and I'll tell you what you need.

Unless you have JDM GT RevC (unlikely, since they are relatively recent), you'll have to order stuff from Japan.

Also, the bad news is you absolutely should replace both of the struts.

Archived