LegacyGT.com

Suspension Differences Between OBXT and Legacy GT Wagon

Robscort

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this question has already been asked. I searched around but didn't find a conclusive answer.

I am considering the purchase of a 2009 OBXT, but what I really want is a Legacy 2.5 GT wagon, which Subaru doesn't offer anymore. So, I was wondering what's different between the two cars. From digging around, it appears the OBGT uses a spacer between the body and subframe, which also results in longer(?) struts to compensate for the increased body height, and finally, I believe the OBXT has a slower steering rack and smaller brakes. Are those all the differences? I don't need the increased ride height of the OBXT, so I would be willing to pull the spacers and install coilovers on day one if necessary. I just want to make sure it's that easy.

Thanks,

Robert

PS I realize Megan makes a set of OBXT specific coilovers which don't require the removal of the body spacers, but I would prefer using coilovers from Cusco or Tein if they're available...

Thanks beanboy...

Would the camber be altered more than it would be on any car that's been lowered, or is there an inherent design characteristic of the suspension that exacerbates the negative camber issue?

Also, what's involved in removing the body spacers? Pretty straightforward, or is it a pain? Do brake lines need to be rerouted, etc?

Finally, how tall are the spacers? How much is gained by removing them alone?

Thanks again,

Robert

Archived