LegacyGT.com

Suspension

Hi there, I am new here. I have found this forum because I can't find the answer for my question anywhere in the internet. I am thinking about upgrading suspension in my 2001 legacy station wagon. And here I have a problem. It is really hard to find any bilstein parts or something like that which are made precisely for my car. I have found complete suspension from legacy IV gen, more precisely the suspension from spec. B legacy IV. And now I have a question, will it fit in my Wagon? :confused:

Hi, it would help if you could say what you want to achieve in upgrading your suspension, typical use for the car, etc. Also, do you have a budget in mind for this? Is it only Bilstein you are interested in, what about other brands?

Hmmm, i have in my car air suspension, which starts to fail. I want it to be a little lower than standard and I want it to handle a little bit sporty. I think that everything is cheaper than new air ride to this model, which also is really hard to find. I'm thinking about other brands too, but I have not found anything what would fit. There are many suspension parts for 4th gen, and thats why I am asking about it

4th Gen struts do work on 3rd Gen cars but the hats on the front are different.. you can swap 3rd Gen hats onto the 4th Gen struts no problem. Also a lot of WRX stuff fits too. I’m no suspension expert so I hope someone else can chime in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the 3rd and 4th gen are identical with the lower mounting. The top hats will most likely need to be changed. WRX parts are not exactly compatible. The 02-07 WRX/STI parts are different in the rear, different lower mounting. I'm not sure about the 08-11 WRX struts though, they look the same. That'll give you about 1.5" drop all around using Impreza suspension.

Archived