LegacyGT.com

Supercharger?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow it's a 12v system. That should move air at about the same rate as a hair dryer.

Seriously 2.5i owners, if you wanted a faster Legacy you bought the wrong engine option. Why didn't you buy the GT when you had the chance?

Guest JessterCPA
Wow it's a 12v system. That should move air at about the same rate as a hair dryer.

Seriously 2.5i owners, if you wanted a faster Legacy you bought the wrong engine option. Why didn't you buy the GT when you had the chance?

This is what you should put on your truck instead of that expensive TRD unit.

This is what you should put on your truck instead of that expensive TRD unit.

:lol:

At full throttle I would venture a guess that my glorious 5.7L V8 would create enough vacuum in the manifold to completely dwarf the amount of air that hair dryer could possibly make back up. It would still register a couple 8 pounds of vacuum or so with that goofy thing running full blast.

They are running that gizmo on a 1.2 liter engine, so you would need 5 of them Penguin :lol:

Anyway the power of this whatzit is limited by how many amps the battery can deliver at 12 volts. Think cold cranking power, because these folks are apparently only looking at transient conditions during acceleration, just like your starter motor only draws lots of amps for a few seconds while starting the car. The system would not be drawing power constantly as I understand it.

Archived