LegacyGT.com

sunny sn3800 tires

phuzaxeman

bought some budget tires stock size....these sunny tires were put on last week. i had the kumho spt and the stock goodyears.

the sunny tires don't look as nice as the goodyears or the kumho but still look nice.

they have good traction...better than stock. 0-50 they are quiter than the kumho and goodyears. around 60 and up they are a little louder.

ride quality they are softer than the two. a tad bit mushy on the turns but still feel in control. acceleration, they feel really good. handling feels good over water and dry ground.

for a total of 255 including shipping, these were great! i've read some great reviews already and i figured it couldn't hurt.

time will tell if these tires are good....so far so good and i would rate them better than stock. so i'd rate them a b+

another review:

http://www.eatoninside.com/showthread.php?t=964

Post back after 5-10k of usage. Let us know how they hold up.

Not knocking them but I find budget tires do well first 5k-10k and then turn noisy or slippery when wet or something.

Nice to see a budget tire review posted, unemployed but at least LGT wagon is paid for in whole!

Could you elaborate on stock goodyears? Stock Subaru Goodyears?

Krzys

yeah the stock 92 potenza goodyears that the subbie came with. they were ok for the 1st 0-15,000 miles but they slid more than the kumho spt's on water. the goodyears also were worn down faster than my kumho's.

Post back after 5-10k of usage. Let us know how they hold up.

Not knocking them but I find budget tires do well first 5k-10k and then turn noisy or slippery when wet or something.

Nice to see a budget tire review posted, unemployed but at least LGT wagon is paid for in whole!

true dat. but the kumho's were budget (total price around 315) and they were much better than our stock goodyears.

so far so good! i like these tires. i think they feel a little "soft" compared to the kumho and bridgestones. I think for top end speed, they are a little louder than the 2 also. But for $200 you can't beat the price. we'll see after 5-10k.

• 3 weeks later...
its been 3,000 miles and these tires are really good. i cant get over the price. i tested these on more rain and they handle really good....better than stock. with these inflated at 40psi, im getting 26-27mpg on the highway....

Archived