LegacyGT.com

Suggestions: Available $1,500 suspension, $1,000 brakes 08 LGT 5MT

Maddie08

I want to spend **up to** 1.5k on suspension bits. I want to tighten up the suspension. A nice controlled and tight ride would be great, but nothing too severe.

Suspension: I was thinking Whiteline/Cobb sways+endlinks. Also the whole selection of bushings (control arms, steering, engine, tranny, etc) from Whiteline/Group N. Then front and rear lower chassis braces and tower braces on top. The 1.5k is a MAX and would like it to be the out the door/installed price.

Brakes: I was thinking Wilwood 4-pot's on all 4 corners from reading Th3Franz's thread. STi Brembo swap is a bit out of my price range, and I'd rather buy new. DBA 4000's seem to be a very high quality and popular choice as well.

Note: I drive hard but my 08 LGT with the 5 speed is definitely a commuter car and sees a lot of highway. I need parts that I can replace in 1-5 years from now, not some Ebay special of the month. To reiterate above; it can't be harsh like all the civic DX's you see bouncing around, but after driving my brother 07 STi Limited I feel like I'm driving a Crown Vic and that's no good. Also, I have ~39k on the odo. My brakes are VERY due.

Thanks all!

just note that cobb doesn't make hard parts anymore, if you want cobb you will have to find it used. I would suggest coil overs i have tein but bc racing seems to be the favorite on here and i would go with a 25 mm rear sway bar and some endlinks.

Id say upgrade the stock braking system. Nice pads and rotors, call it a day. No need for Wilwoods on a highway commuter.

Take the money you saved and do this..

RCE T1's

Sways/endlinks

Call it a day.

Thats my personal opinion

Skip the Wilwoods, and get oem replacements and good pads, good tires, and a good suspension :)

Coilovers if you want higher more maint and max performance but Bilsteins, or Koni's will still be a dramatic step up from the stock setup.

Archived