LegacyGT.com

Subaru Survey Online...

So, I had my wheel bearing replaced and some other crap done a couple weeks ago. I got a "survey" in the mail from SOA about my thoughts on the dealership and how the warranty work went, etc. I opted to do the survey online, took 5 mins., I had some good things to say and was done. Yesterday the dealership, Atlantic Subaru in Bourne,MA called me on my cell phone to thank me for taking the time to complete the survey. On the survey I noted one "issue" I had w/the work they did, which was to fix the leak in my trunk lid. The trunk still leaks in heavy rain. Anyhow, the girl calls me, says I can come in on Wed. Apr.18 and they'll fix it, give me a courtesy car and fix anything else I might have a concern with. I thought that was pretty cool as I didn't call them yet about the trunk issue b/c I was waiting for my 2nd rear wheel bearing to start makin' MORE noise before bringing it back. 2nd good experience I've had with this dealership.:)

lizard.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

When I took mine in I did the online survey. Great marks on everything except I let them know how angry I was that the dealer refused to charge me an hour's labor to disable my chime and DRLs, forcing me to spend ten minutes of my time doing them at home.

Nobody called me afterwards. :confused:

When I took mine in I did the online survey. Great marks on everything except I let them know how angry I was that the dealer refused to charge me an hour's labor to disable my chime and DRLs, forcing me to spend ten minutes of my time doing them at home.

Nobody called me afterwards. :confused:

:lol: ..... bastards!! Hmmm... wait a minute, maybe you should've armed the 2nd "cover" you have on your head in your avatar and set it out by the manger's door.:rolleyes:

Good for you Charlie!! Yeah, they don't like to make anti tank mines w/light triggers. Plus it'd probably make a big mess.

The EOD guys in the background said it would take over 400# to set off. Besides, I found LGT.com in my search and saved the labor charges. Still, it's no way to run a service department, and I told them.

By Federal law, dealers are not allowed to disable DRL's or Seatbelt chimes and can only advise the customer on how to do it themselves.

And I didn't even get advice. I didn't even get steered here, I found it on my own. DRLs aren't a safety feature in the US ad seatbelts aren't requited in New Hampshire (I do wear it), and all I get is a blank face and a "we can't do that- they're safety features." I'll have to check at work about the law- I've seen us do it.

Thats nice of them

I had body work done (not at subaru) and I answered the survey questions honestly and how the work wasnt done right the first time, because of a miscommunication. The manager calls me up and asks me why I said that. Thought it was pretty rude.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you said it because the work wasn't done right the first time. You said it was because of a miscommunication, not that it was because their crew was a bunch of morons. Something negative on a survey isn't necessarily negative. A later survey will probably mention the manager's rudeness, though.

I like the new avatar, BTW.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you said it because the work wasn't done right the first time. You said it was because of a miscommunication, not that it was because their crew was a bunch of morons. Something negative on a survey isn't necessarily negative. A later survey will probably mention the manager's rudeness, though.

I like the new avatar, BTW.

Very true.

And thanks.

I just got a call from a salesman at the dealer where I bought my car, he was pretty angry. I gave them pretty good responses on the survey, except where it asked about pressure to buy. The issue was that they claimed the car was the last on the lot and, while we were talking about price, the salesman told me it was out on a test drive with someone else... Except when I got the car, it was at 28 miles. I parked it, after my test drive, at 28 miles. So I mentioned on the survey that they fibbed a little to get me to bite... I probably would have anyway, but I still wasn't too happy when I sat down to drive off.

Is it SOA's policy to share the name of the person who fills out the survey? I guess I expected they wouldn't... I still feel that I was honest, just didn't appreciate the guy calling and asking/yelling at me about each and every one of my answers.

I just got a call from a salesman at the dealer where I bought my car, he was pretty angry. I gave them pretty good responses on the survey, except where it asked about pressure to buy. The issue was that they claimed the car was the last on the lot and, while we were talking about price, the salesman told me it was out on a test drive with someone else... Except when I got the car, it was at 28 miles. I parked it, after my test drive, at 28 miles. So I mentioned on the survey that they fibbed a little to get me to bite... I probably would have anyway, but I still wasn't too happy when I sat down to drive off.

Is it SOA's policy to share the name of the person who fills out the survey? I guess I expected they wouldn't... I still feel that I was honest, just didn't appreciate the guy calling and asking/yelling at me about each and every one of my answers.

Yeah I know what thats like. If I were you I would write an e-mail to SOA telling them that you don't appreciate recieving such a call after answering the survery honestly. And that the situation has convinced you not to purchase another Subaru in the future.

Tprokop- I second that advice, write SOA and let them know about the "harrassment". I'm sure they didn't put together that survey and make it available on-line for consumers to be harrassed by service/sales-folk!

On a lighter note, Atlantic Subaru gave me a ABP 2007 OB wagon for the day and I must say I liked the wagon even though it was a 2.5i.:) I messed around with the sport mode shifting and everything. Lotsa room in there too, I referred to it as a "shaggin' wagon" but the GF quickly corrected me and said we wouldn't be "christening" it any time soon.:redface::( Well anyway, they fixed my trunk the right way and if I get another survey I'll fill it out accordingly and they will get a glowing review. I might even let 'em change my oil from now on as I just moved closer to them on the Cape.:)

lizard.

I went for my first oil change and told them of my problems...first off my radio which they already ordered another...im gonna make an appointment for next week and see if they can take care of a few other issues...so far this is the worst start with a new car i have had. All minor stuff but annoying none the less.

I got a survey a few weeks after i bought it and only filled in a few lines before i had to go out..my wife picked it up and mailed it not realizing it was done. LOL

I suspect this is fairly common, and am thinking about conducting a survey on dealer responses to surveys to find out. So far, I've posted a blog entry about dealer behavior WRT surveys:

Corruption in dealer satisfaction surveys

I've got Automotive News thinking about an article on the topic.

Archived