LegacyGT.com

Subaru Legacy P0106 CEL

Hi, i just put in a EJ22 into my 96 LGT, everything is fine. However there is a CEL today, and it's P0106, Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO/Range/Performance

This is the exact message i got from my scan tool. Any idea?

Thanks

unpluged and replug it. and check to see if the hose is leaking or cracked or plugged, then reset the ecu and drive around for awhile. if the problem is still there the CEL will come back on.

in that case im parting out my old legacy. still got the map sensor if you want it.

usually you get this when a small vac hose is disconnected. look for it. but it could be a cracked hose or the small ''filter'' in the hose that runs from the engine intake to the passenger strut tower.

So i got my CEL back again today, i think it will be the same code i pulled (P0106), what's the worst consequences of not do anything right now? Consider the sensor is alil expensive.

To Johnegg, did you receive a PM from me?

thanks

does your old engine have the hoses and filter that run from the intake to the strut tower? swap them in. a bad filter, little gray thing about the diameter of a quarter and an inch long, can throw a code.

also the older engines have more hoses going to the strut tower, i think. the newer ej25s have 2 that join together and then one goes to the strut tower. the stuff on the tower is daisy chained on your car. the hose goes to one first and then to the next one. on the ej22 cars there was a hose for each one, and maybe a short piece that connects the two, i can't remember.

i doubt it is the sensor or solenoid. it was good when the other engine was in the car. it probably didn't go bad overnight.

if there is a sound difference between the engines it is probably due to the HLA lifters. they should quiet down after a couple of days. it will not happen suddenly, but slowly over time.

the last one i did was so loud i thought it had a bad rod bearing. but now it runs great and quiet. give it time.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates on the CEL, my finance has a 99 Outback, and i swapped the sensors in each car, and this morning, i got the CEL again. i already went through and check the hose, blow through them, not the most inner one, which i have a hard time access it. I changed the filter, used the filter from the old engine. And still doesn't solve the problem.

Any other input?

I read the code, there are 2 codes, they are the same number P0106.

They are

Manifold Absolute Pressure / barometric pressure sensor range performance

Manifold Absolute Pressure / barometric pressure sensor range performance pending

what does the pending means? this is my first time to see sth like that. Any ideas?

Pending means that there is a problem that the ECU has detected but you must complete 2 driving cycles for a P0106 to show up, so the ECU displays it as pending until the problem has occurred for two consecutive driving cycles. Do you have EGR hooked up? P0106 is a vac leak or failed or missing vac component.

Yeah, i just put a 95 ej22 into it, and the mechanics have never done such an old subaru before, so i am not sure if he got the connection mixed up. I will try to take a pic of the vacuum line routing tomorrow.

I check the line, filter, and sensor. all seems ok.

• 4 years later...

Archived