LegacyGT.com

Subaru Launches Next Phase Of Marketing Campaign

gfxdave99

http://sev.prnewswire.com/auto/20070521/NEM09321052007-1.html

CHERRY HILL, N.J., May 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With a range of new products hitting dealer showrooms this summer, Subaru is embarking on the next phase of the "It's What Makes a Subaru, a Subaru" campaign. The campaign, which started in early 2006, first focused on product attributes and now seeks to define the core values of the Subaru brand and business in television, radio and print ads breaking this month.

"We have such a strong story at Subaru and our research tells us that increasingly, consumers care about the values of the company in addition to the products they buy," said Tim Mahoney, senior vice president, chief marketing officer, Subaru of America, Inc. "We are using our key strengths of durability, performance and responsibility to tell this next part of the story."

The brand awareness ads feature the Subaru core values of:

-- Active Driving - offered through the unique combination of standard

Subaru All-Wheel Drive and a boxer engine that together delivers

unrivalled performance.

-- Engineering Excellence - Subaru is recognized time and again by

industry leading, third-party organizations for its world class

safety, reliability, and durability.

-- Environmental Responsibility - The Subaru plant in the heartland of

America produces zero landfill, while its backyard was designated

a wildlife habitat. Subaru also offers PZEV vehicles that are

U.S. EPA Certified SmartWay and are recommended in its Green

Vehicle Guide.

"These ads are designed to speak to opinion leaders," said Kevin Mayer, director of marketing communications, Subaru of America, Inc. "They provide a clear statement of Subaru values and let people know more about what is behind the brand. The ads also form part of the foundation for the upcoming product launches."

The print ads will run in such publications as Atlantic Monthly, The New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, Smithsonian, and BusinessWeek, among others. The broadcast spots will run on both national and cable programming including NPR, Science Channel, Discovery, CNN, Headline News, CNBC, MSNBC and more.

Subaru dealerships across the country are welcoming this summer's new 2008 Subaru All-Wheel Drive lineup including featured vehicles such as:

-- The 6-cylinder, 2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 R Limited;

-- The more rugged 2008 Subaru Outback, the world's first sport utility

wagon;

-- Completely redesigned 2008 Subaru Tribeca with more style, power and

fuel efficiency;

-- And, the highly anticipated 2008 Subaru Impreza and WRX that boasts new styling and new body styles with improved comfort, space and utility.

For additional information about Subaru of America, Inc. and Subaru vehicles, visit our media website at http://www.media.subaru.com/.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

there was a first phase???

And the "greeniness" of the factory doesn't make a whit of difference if the product isn't what people want, or isn't in stock. They still go to some other dealer or brand.

Good for you, but all in all, does it make a difference to a car buyer?

Active driving? How about supporting the performance cars you already build, and cater, even just a slight bit to people who like to drive, and care about what they are driving... instead of taking options, features, and models away, or making them hideously ugly.

Good PR language, but ultimately pap, if the product doesn't improve.

Pathetic

They should emphasise safety for the average Joe, and performance for the Joe who has need for speed.

Screw the tree hugging bullshit... the impact of their cars would be much less if they worked on better fuel economy.

The Question should be, how do you get people who haven't bought Subarus before to buy them ;)

2 ways

Advertise their true performance. Has there ever been a TV that showed the superior handling and speed of the LGT. I mean Audi got the customers some how right? And we all know that a LGT is faster than an A4.

or

A new car. Ive been sayin this one for awhile. A compact car to compete with the Yaris that offers outstanding fuel efficiency and AWD.

My dad, bro, and I were attracted to the AWD of Subaru. My sister was attracted to the shear sportiness of the WRX. But she didnt have the money to buy one at the time.

I just dropped my ABP wagon at North Coast Subaru here for a service. In the showroom is an Outback with the new Bronze color. Everybody that came in to drop their car or pickup their car just absolutely loved the color. I was impressed!

Stop with the boring colors and get more colors like this into showrooms and you'll sell more!

A Yaris-clone, "high performance" ads and brighter color aren't going to solve SOA's problem.

I disagree. Most of the people out there dont even know what the LGT is. Everyonce and awhile I get asked if my car is the WRX. Indeed is not. End the ignorance and cater to the people's wishes are car that they would buy.

I saw an 08 today on the street in SWP in person.

Gotta say, not impressed. Design looks MUCH more clunky than the 05-07.

Not elegant.

I saw several 08s yesteday at my dealer, including SpecB. The DGM is fugly. But other than that the cars look better in person than on the pics... I'd say I'd give them notch above 05-07... not as good looking as JDM A-C cars, though.

The silver fog lights cans are hideous, though.

And 08 Outback..... pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww.....

The two guys at Costco's tire shop were debating whether my car was a Subaru or not. They really didn't know. I am debadged, but still, these guys should be more aware of cars than the general public.

My car has an STI badge in the grille, and a subaru oval on the trunk lid...

And everyone asks me if the car is "an STI?" (and I know they mean WRX STI...)

When I say, it is a Legacy GT, I can see the "?" click on above their head, like a cartoon lightbulb.

These are employees at a tire vendor, and an autoparts store. I would think they would be able to see and recognize a model of car...

Archived