LegacyGT.com

Subaru GT Wagon on Automobile Top 10 List

CT05Legacy

Automobile magazine lists it's "Top 10 Hot Wagons." Take a look here.

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0702_hot_wagons/

Not to point out the obvious, but most of these wagons aren't offered in the US and/or are not even close to the Subie LGT price point. And SOA is dropping it? Oh well, just thought it was an interesting list. And some of those wagons are dope!!! And the wheels on the Audi....the hotness!

They call the Alfa the most beautiful?!? Yikes! From behind it's quite fetching, but that nose! Ugh. And the Evo looks like someone took an Evo sedan, El Camino'd it, and they're bringing home a brushed stainless fridge in the bed.

The Vectra and Mondeo look pretty hot. I don't care if "Americans don't buy wagons", those two would sell here. But if they get to include a concept car for Ford, then they should use the JDM Tuned by STi LGT to place it within this list, and it should by rights move way way up into the top 4.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

id take the BMW 335d M-Sport Touring.

:wub: 286hp, 427lb ft of torque and 39mpg. :wub:

what more could you ask for

:whore:

Turbo diesels are the way of the future, Subaru should get on the band wagon.

Has anyone else noticed their gas mileage really drop off lately with the cold temps here in the north-east?

:whore:

Turbo diesels are the way of the future, Subaru should get on the band wagon.

Has anyone else noticed their gas mileage really drop off lately with the cold temps here in the north-east?

Im guessing colder denser air requires more fuel delivered to maintained balanced mix, good for the engines, good for power, bad for mileage.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...

After test driving a few OBXTs and A4 Avants this weekend, I headed over to the local BMW dealer for a ride in a 325xiT. Turbo 4s are fun and wickedly fast, but the Bimmer's inline-6 is oh-so-smooth. I can only imagine what their diesel is like with the added torque.

Damned if they don't cost a bloody fortune for how small they are...

With audi and BMW bringing their diesel models into the US, following the footsteps of MB and VW, the number of fuel efficient euro sedans is going to increase significantly. i'd love to have one as a luxury, non-serious performance cruiser and commuter, and with MB's bluetec being liscensed to the other german companies for use, emissions wont even be that bad either, screw gas-electric hybrids :D

Ed

The beauty of diesels these days are that technology advancements are making them seriously fun to drive as well as miserly and clean. Every road test I've seen of the BMW 330d and the new MB Bluetecs lauds how petrol-like the driving experiences are. There's no longer a need to give up performance - it just comes in a different, and often better way: Torque.

For under $1000 in easy mods, my bro-in-law has souped up his Golf TDI (chip, single-shot injectors, mufflerectomy), and the car is truly a blast to drive. The best part is, you can flog the snot out of it and still get 45 mpg.

I'm all for diesels. If Subaru gives me a diesel that approaches the performance numbers of their existing petrol turbo-4 with 30+ mpg - I'm sold. :cool:

I'd give up 50 hp to gain 50 ft-lbs of torque anyday. By the time the extra ponies kick in, the State Trooper is pulling me over anyways.

Archived