LegacyGT.com

Subaru convertible?!?!?!

pokes_scooby

• 6 months later...

Spotted this on my local craigslist however and i think it is amazing. Wish i had the cash.

I kind of like it.

At least with the engine it has there's little danger of overmotorization as long as they have the stock engine. I just hope that they reinforced the body.

453747.png

I like that 84 convertible a lot better than the STI conversion. The STI now looks like an older Mitsu Eclipse convertible. I'm sure handling is suffering with that conversion. Must have been about an $10k job to convert it. If you want a convertible, buy a real one that is made to be a convertible. There is a lot more to these conversions than just chopping the roof.

Not my cup of tea either, something about a 4 door sports sedan that just looks wrong.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hmNLE99vtmQ/TXFov5u0W0I/AAAAAAAEGeQ/rS0dvU2TLwY/s1600/Subaru-STI-Cabriolet-3.jpg

My wife's balls are delicious.

I think its 100% Awesome! Real sports cars don't have roofs :D The spoiler isn't my style but is that the stock STI spoiler anyway? The top line of the car doesn't work, between the windscreen, roll bar and spoiler, but otherwise I want one

I think its 100% Awesome! Real sports cars don't have roofs :D The spoiler isn't my style but is that the stock STI spoiler anyway? The top line of the car doesn't work, between the windscreen, roll bar and spoiler, but otherwise I want one

Real sports cars don't have doors either.

453747.png

• 3 weeks later...
Removing the roof structure seems to sort of eliminate the primary structural members (two of the "rings" are substantially altered or altogether removed) - the chassis would probably be very flexy - maybe not a big deal if you did it with a 2.5i (from a performance point of view) but you'd think an STi would be a mess after that...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived