LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner in So Cal??

el3ment

go on nasioc and there is guy named braden. I think his sn is Thormix. He is from Agoura Hills, Ca and he does awesome street tuning. He goes to the thursday meets in Thousand Oaks. A bunch of the people that go to the meet have his tunes and no complaints. Look for a thread in the scic section named "Thursday night meet in and out" You will find him posting there.

thanks for help guys

Give Yimi a call. I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to tune you using Streetuner. Many other tuners won't tune Streetuner cars because the maps can be downloaded and shared.

If you get tuned there and I find out you are sharing the map online, I'll personally find you and give you a swift kick in the nuts! :lol:

Give Yimi a call. I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to tune you using Streetuner. Many other tuners won't tune Streetuner cars because the maps can be downloaded and shared.

If you get tuned there and I find out you are sharing the map online, I'll personally find you and give you a swift kick in the nuts! :lol:

haha thanks for the info Paul, and i wont be sharing maps... tuners deserve their money

anyone know of a good street tuner in so cal area???

Why not get a real tune from a real tuner?

a few hundred will get you the best legacy tune you could ever have.... Period (and a 95 octane map)

i have decided to go with Shawn Church as my tuner... :spin:

Any particular reason why? In the LA/OC area I'd go with Harman Motive as they have a long track history of proven performers. Yimi Sport Tuning will also do you right. I know the folks at both shops well and you will have a quality experience at either place.

I'm actually a little confused with why you want a pro to tune Streetuner. If you are going to have a pro tune your car anyways, why spend money on Streetuner? Just get it Protuned and call it a day, plus no Protuner will have any issue with making a map for you since their intellectual property is protected. Streetuner is for guys who want to tune their own cars.

Any particular reason why? In the LA/OC area I'd go with Harman Motive as they have a long track history of proven performers. Yimi Sport Tuning will also do you right. I know the folks at both shops well and you will have a quality experience at either place.

I'm actually a little confused with why you want a pro to tune Streetuner. If you are going to have a pro tune your car anyways, why spend money on Streetuner? Just get it Protuned and call it a day, plus no Protuner will have any issue with making a map for you since their intellectual property is protected. Streetuner is for guys who want to tune their own cars.

i see what youre saying Paul...

think i confused everyone a little bit when i said street tuner.. i didnt mean the program, i meant someone that actually tunes from data logs... not on a dyno. so with that said, i also wanted someone that could tune open source so i didnt have to go the route of buying an AP...

Shawn Church has a big reputation with the honda world, as he tuned the Progress Bonneville Civic that set a Land Speed Record and other competitive cars... Shawn also has become known to the AWD community and i have heard nothing but good things from NASIOC members that have been tuned by him.... the price set by him was also a key factor, considering the fact that i was gonna pay $200 for a "road-dyno" tune and Shawn has a Dyno...

As for Harman Motive, they want an AP... and i have yet to hear from Yimi...

but, it is still up in the air as to who i am going to go with since i decided i will wait until i purchase a TMIC.. so if anyone has a tuner that is willing to work with an opensource ECU program, id love to hear feedback.

Archived