LegacyGT.com

street tuner map

bugblatterbeast

Here's my latest street tuner map. It started off as the cobb v1.16 93 octane map for 05 MTs. The map needs to be renamed and was loaded on top of the v1.16 91 octane base map on my car. The mods to the map are as follows:

1) intake calibration at low flows adjusted to yield smoother idle on Canadian Sunoco 94

2) idle and off idle timing adjusted to improve idle smoothness and ease clutch engagement

3) WGDC high and low adjusted to hit boost targets more accurately. My wastegate flutter is pretty much gone now :icon_bigg

4) turbo dynamics adjusted to reduce spool up time

5) light load DA adjusted to decrease highway fuel consumption while travelling between 100-120 kph

use with caution, at your own risk... YMMV. These maps tested ok on my car (no knock or boost spiking) but may need adjustment on someone else's.

As a side comment: Now that I've played with the stock boost controller, I'm convinced that manual boost controllers have no buisness being installed on our cars. With the stock setup and car specific adjustment, you can get the turbo to spool up pretty damn fast and not boost spike. It is also really nice to have the ability to dial in throttle position specific boost targets.

da_wgdc_trim_tested.pdf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a cobb up and dp.

When I first installed ST, it did the update without trouble. I don't need a USB hub on the laptop I'm using as it has enough USB ports . I have a wideband o2 but haven't installed it yet. The AC lines look like they might get in the way so I might just replace the second o2 sensor and disable the sensor related CELs. I'll know tomorrow if it isn't raining.... I wasn't in the mood to wrench on a wet car in a cold garage today

The best place for the O2 is where Cobb has the bung. It’s tight but the ac lines wont get in the way. I ran mine through the fender well then through the rubber grommet where the main wiring harness goes. If you pull the passengers side tire then the fender liner there is a white box on the upper part of the fender, I ran it through there then made a small X in the rubber grommet, pull 1/2 the interior apart and it falls into place :lol: I will try to take some pics for you later.

I’m getting around the USB hub by using a port replicator with my laptop (IBM T42). I also tried to get it to work on my T41 but no dice.

I like what you have done and will give it a try later. I just got the ST up and running this weekend and I’m planning to start playing today. There is lots of good stuff on Cobbs forum for the ST.

What are you upgrade plans? Did you get the ST just for fun or are there more mods in your future?

thanks for the tip. so far I've been running the wires through the window and connecting to the battery with aligator clips. I wasn't planning on a permanent install of the wbo2 till later. the cops here give people lots of trouble so I need to keep the car as stock looking as possible. when i find a good way to hide everything I might do a more permanent install

I found a few quirks with the wbo2 setup. I use an innovate lc-1 with a bosch lsu4.2 sensor. when the car is not running the cooling effect of the downpipe is enough to keep the sensor heater out of closed loop operation. also, during over-run there isn't enough heat in the exhaust and the sensor reading will go to 0.00 instead of the true afr.

I will be ordering a bigger intercooler soon. the tabs on mine are bending so I'm already running on borrowed time. later I plan to get some headers and eventually I'll probably pickup an avo400

I've been trying to find the idle speed compensation tables. the user manual makes reference to being able to set the idle but I can't find it. is there some setting I'm missing? I'm planning to email cobb later with my accumulated questions if I can't find the answers elsewhere.

I've attached the results of today's tuning runs. I've adjusted the high load AFR slightly in a few spots. no knock as usual, and the car pulls about 10% harder in the regions where the adjustments were made.

leaner_tested.pdf

I like what you have done and will give it a try later. I just got the ST up and running this weekend and I’m planning to start playing today. There is lots of

thanks. I hope you like the way it drives. keep in mind that the tables were adjusted to the threshold of boost spiking on my car and backed off a little. you might want to do some logs in a higher gear to make sure all is well on your car. I'd recommend starting at 2krpm in 5th and stomping on it till about 5k. most of the problems I saw while tuning were around 2800 and 4400. I think you'll agree that there no need for a MBC on our cars when you've gotten the map tweeked for your car :icon_wink hopefully, we can convince more people not to use MBCs

I'll make a new map next week which should correct the very slight jumpiness at ~30% throttle/3500 rpm. the car basically feels like it is tugging at the leash but not enough that it is annoying. I'd prefer a slightly less eager throttle response down low

thanks for the tip. so far I've been running the wires through the window and connecting to the battery with aligator clips. I wasn't planning on a permanent install of the wbo2 till later. the cops here give people lots of trouble so I need to keep the car as stock looking as possible. when i find a good way to hide everything I might do a more permanent install

I found a few quirks with the wbo2 setup. I use an innovate lc-1 with a bosch lsu4.2 sensor. when the car is not running the cooling effect of the downpipe is enough to keep the sensor heater out of closed loop operation. also, during over-run there isn't enough heat in the exhaust and the sensor reading will go to 0.00 instead of the true afr.

Thats the great part about the install I did it looks 100% stock. You would have to really know what you are doing to find it :icon_cool I also ran 2 10' usb extensions under the center console to help hide all of the wires.

I found my issue and its a crappy serial to USB adapter :icon_mad:

did you rescale the fuel maps to account for higher-than-stock load?

what is the max load column in the low-det fuel map?

the load currently goes off scale. I've adjusted the top load fueling values so the logged wbo2 is where I want it (ie... richer values were dialed in to compensate). eventually I'll rescale the load... I just didn't have time to do it yet.

Thats the great part about the install I did it looks 100% stock. You would have to really know what you are doing to find it :icon_cool I also ran 2 10' usb extensions under the center console to help hide all of the wires.

I found my issue and its a crappy serial to USB adapter :icon_mad:

hmmm... I'm using a Prolific brand adapter. It seems to work well and is pretty cheap. You can get them at tigerdirect for $17

do you guys have the mph-based wastegate compensation map?

I didn't notice one while tuning. They way I rigged the last map was a bit leaner under max load to get the best acceleration, but I left the slightly lower loads richer so the EGTs would be lower during sustained high speed cruise. I'm building a street car, not a track car.

I see. I've been getting around the lack of speed/gear compensation by setting the low and high limits such that in a low gear pull the WGDC sits near the upper end and in a high gear, close to the lower end (at lower RPMs). When I get a chance I'm going to increase the separation between the two and up the adaptive range. So far I've been gettin pretty good results. In 2nd gear I hit 1 bar boost by 3100-3300 rpm and peak boost by 3600. In 3rd gear I reach 1 bar around 2800 and peak boost by 3100.

Archived