LegacyGT.com

Stoptech brake pads review?

SuperhawkLGT

I have to stop techs and they do squeel now after about 8k miles. they have good initial bite. Dust a lot. I dont think they were as good as the axxis ultimate pads i had on my wrx which dusted a ton, but didnt squeel. but they arent too bad at all for the price. If the price is right I would buy them again.

Using them on several cars. Customers and my own. No squeal.

Initial bite is not as good as Hawk HPS. But similar. Decent response for short autox.

Dust is similar to Hawk HPS.

I recommend them to customers who normally would be looking at Hawk HPS, but do not want the low speed squeal associated with Hawk pads.

I run the stoptech pads. They are dustier than the HPS, and need a lil warming up for optimal use. Almost like the HP+, in warm up time. Bite is comparable to HPS once warmed up. Stoptech pads leave less deposit on rotors thou. Hps crapped all over my rotors , giving me the shakes like crazy. Hps deposits were terrible, giving me the shakes. New stoptech pads ,new apm rotors, and brembos and So far no shakes ,or sqweeks with stoptech pads, even after some light street auto x. had em for about 6 months now. Still think the HP+ is the best bang , but hp+ sqweek a lil bit.

Initial bite is not as good as Hawk HPS.

I'd say the exact opposite. Bite on the stoptechs is WAY, WAY better than the hawks. The stoptech pad has a higher coefficient of friction across the board than the HPS (and a higher MOT)- I just went from HPS to ST and it was a night and day difference. Already had ss lines, good fluid, and an MC brace too.

No noise so far. They are a bit dusty but not noticeably more than hps and probably less than axxis pads.

I've had them on my car over a year. Very good initial bite. Never a problem braking, even with the temp in the single digits. No squeals so far. I replaced the rotors and put on stainless steel lines at the same time. They are dusty, so I am glad I went with Bronze wheels for the summer.

I'd say the exact opposite. Bite on the stoptechs is WAY, WAY better than the hawks. The stoptech pad has a higher coefficient of friction across the board than the HPS (and a higher MOT)- I just went from HPS to ST and it was a night and day difference. Already had ss lines, good fluid, and an MC brace too.

No noise so far. They are a bit dusty but not noticeably more than hps and probably less than axxis pads.

As noted in darksides quote, the bite is similar once the Stoptechs get warmed up. But sorry, even Stoptech admits bite is not as good as HPS initially. The formulation of friction material is such that it it does not squeal, but you give up some initial bite and heat transfer ability. Not rated for heavy track use, only lite track use.

Still, currently my favorite street pad.

You said Warped, Blasphemy. rotors dont warp, all rotor are made of Wolverines adamantium. LOL, Its those hps pads leaving lots of deposit on your rotors, go Stoptech all around and your good. dont forget to do the bed in process, when installed, A good transfer layer on rotors, and no more shakes.

How about out of round? I did bed them in quite well, they were cheap rotors I am not surprised. I shouldn't say cheap I think they were $80 a piece. Hope they last another 10k or so before I have to replace em.

Your right those Centrics seem like a good deal.

But sorry, even Stoptech admits bite is not as good as HPS initially.

where did they ever say that? From what I've been hearing even at cold bite the STs are quite a bit better from the tests they did comparing the two, which also corresponds to my own personal experience.

I was talking about my cheap rotors, what are you talking about?

Brake Pads:lol:

Somehow I missed rotors in your sentence:lol:

How about out of round? I did bed them in quite well, they were cheap rotors I am not surprised. I shouldn't say cheap I think they were $80 a piece. Hope they last another 10k or so before I have to replace em.

Your right those Centrics seem like a good deal.

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived