LegacyGT.com

stock midpipe vs aftermarket midpipe...

derffred

quick question... there won't be NIGHT and DAY results if i take my crucial catless racepipe out and throw in the stock midpipe will there? the smell is finally starting to get to me (after 8 months, i finally smell it)... however i don't have the funds to buy a HFC now. i want to keep my stage 2, but i want it to smell stock lol... all opinions are appreciated :)

okay.. my story is i'm completely catless with crucial's pipes and after 8 months of being catless, i'm just now starting to smell the HCs and COs.. and it's getting to me, its really random.. sooo i want to get rid of that smell, i don't want to lose performance.. (5 hp is no big deal), annd i don't have the extra funds to buy a HFC lol.. so that leaves me with the stocker midpipe...

no, just try re tightening the turbo to DP flange bolts. or maybe replace that gasket. that is easy to do and shouldnt take you long. just eliminate all possibilites before you go through the hassel of swapping pipes around. dont want to take a mod out thinking its the culprit when its really somthing else.

i think with the stock midpipe thrown back in, you will lose more like 10hp or maybe more. Those stock cats are restrictive. Even then you will still smell stuff on startup.

As I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if the third cat becomes even more restrictive over time if it's doing the work of the missing first and second cats.

Archived