LegacyGT.com

STi Quad Tip Muffler - USDM Fitment

BigInALegacy

Okay,

So I may have a chance to procure a set of STi quad tip mufflers from a 2005 Legacy STi Wagon (not the 2008 Liberty STi). I had a few questions though:

1) Will this bolt right up to my USDM exhaust? Will an exhaust shop be able to make them fit if they won't bolt right up?

2) Any fitment issues with the tips in my USDM cutout?

3) What's a fair price to pay for something like this, excluding shipping?

Thanks in advance guys! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/Rupertbear/Legacy%20STi/25208013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/Rupertbear/Legacy%20STi/25208015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/Rupertbear/Legacy%20STi/25208016.jpg

I don't know about the compatibility, but if they're from a wagon the tips might stick out pretty far on a '08 sedan. The LGT wagon's bumper sticks out farther than the 05-07 sedan, which in turn sticks out further than the 08 sedan.

^^ :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I think I'll probably do it providing the shipping quote isn't ridiculous.

And those were my thoughts too: should I not like the fit on the sedan bumper, I'm sure someone with an 05-07 wagon would jump all over them.

Car: toon
^^^Clever ;):lol:

So, has exhaust layout changed from 05 to 08 at all, or from wagon to sedan? I wouldn't think so, as IIRC the mid and Y pipes are all interchangeable.

Also, any reason the JDM Mid/Y setup would be different from USDM?

It would be nice if they bolted right up, but I guess worst case any exhaust shop should be able to get em' on there.

I wonder if the internals are any different than the stock USDM mufflers...that is pretty much exactly how our mufflers look.

If the internals are the same...then there is no increased flow, or noise from these units?

That would be kind of disappointing to me.

With that being said...is it possible for a muffler shop to weld new tips on our stock muffers to mimic that?

the wagon mufflers are the ones you want. a few members have these mufflers on thier sedans. the wagon mufflers fit perfect on the usdm sedans

Good news, thanks!

Any idea of any names of members that have them? Im interested in asking a few questions about tone, etc. Maybe even seeng a a few pics too. :)

Ill search around too. ;)

Thx again for the info!

Im guessing its going to be along the lines of the SPT in sound and restrictiveness. Thats just a guess though.

i found a site that has audio clips of the whole STi exhaust, but im at work so i cant listen right now.

Eating lunch now (love the pocket pc ;)), will post link when back at the office.

Archived