LegacyGT.com

STI logo on OEM TMIC?

go to the first page of the "5eat pride" thread. user name is roui... hes got a SWP with a STI logo painted on the fmic with the center beam cut and painted black to flow with the lip.. same set up im eventually doing.

This falls along the same lines as the whole rebadging thing with putting STI badges or the L7 or whatever on your grill to make it look like something it isn't. Some people like it, others don't. It all comes down to personal preference. I feel as though someone looking under the hood (the only scenario they would see the STI on the tmic) would probably be interested in the engine because they already know a thing or two about engines and would know that it isn't an STI engine.

But that's just my personal preference an opinion. Do whatever makes you happy.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I am not a fan of it. For people who didn't know or barely knew what an Sti is, it would be cool to them, but if you were to go to a meet with other Subaru owners, you would probably feel dumb. I know people say it's personal preference, but i am saying it to protect the image of our cars. It's not an Sti. Its a USDM Legacy.

If you had and Sti engine dropped into the car. You are free and clear to rock it on the intercooler with me.

I know a couple of people who had done it along with painted engine covers too. I'll see if I could grab a few pics.

I've seen those before and in that setting it would be more appealing, but I just had this image of that OE TMIC floating there all by it's lonesome with no engine cover and a big red STI on it. Those airbrushed camo or metal themed engine covers actually look pretty good when done right.

Let's kick this pig!

No to STi logo on stock intercooler. No to STi anything unless they are genuine!!

:yeahthat: People who put STi badges on anything that is not genuine STi is utterly horrific, and makes me puke a lil in my mouth.

I mean why go through all the trouble with a complete STi component swap when you could jus slap on a $12 badge, or better yet paint on an STi logo:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

Lol, you guys wanna see the ultimate in STi disrespect??? I was so appalled by this horrific Mazda 3 a few months ago I couldn't help but take a few pics:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/tunedlgt/0914091552a-1.jpg

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/tunedlgt/0914091552-1.jpg

. . . and no, it wasn't even a mazdaspeed 3. Wrong company, no AWD, no turbo, could it get any worse?

Archived