LegacyGT.com

STI ---> LGT parts swap

I have an 05 STI, and the wife has an 05 LGT. I've been an impreza guy since 2001 but know nada about the LGT. What parts off my STI would be a compatible trade/upgrade on to her LGT 5MT? Thanks

Dan

lets see...

Intake manifold swaps right in... turbos too right after the intake manifold. This also requires the STi TMIC.

Brakes swap too.. you can slap on STi Brembos.

DPs work as long as you get them extended slightly... and it also depends on the brand/design too.

Wheels do too, even the wide ones.

The only issue is that you have a 05 STi... so no suspension/brake parts would ever be compatible unless you convert the hubs on the legacy to 5x114.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

basically if it's not a bolt on mod then it will be aftermarket. But knowing I can do the turbo, intercooler, intake manifold is nice. My brakes are gonna stay stock, and only the springs are coming off. Mostly I guess I am looking at the engine parts. It would be nice to buy a 600 dollar part for the STI and then swap the stocker to the Legacy for another power gain there. What about my injectors.

"The only issue is that you have a 05 STi... so no suspension/brake parts would ever be compatible unless you convert the hubs on the legacy to 5x114"

^^

and what does that involve?

I have no experience at all with it, but I can't imagine that it is much more than a hub change. Possibly wheel bearings, and maybe axles, if the hub ends are different.

That is taking for granted that you'd be doing the Brembo brake change over (disks for the different bolt pattern) and STi or aftermarket 5x114.3 pattern wheels.

I wish Subaru would change that pattern over across the line, anyway. That would increase the possible choices of aftermarket wheels, as 5x114.3 is a much more popular specification.

On the engine side, I love the look of the red krinkle-coat intake manifold, but it is aluminum, heavier than the LGT plastic peice, and the LGT has a cover over it anyway. I am not sure if the STi peice flows any better or not.

The only reason to change the IC and manifold would really be to get an STi or Twin Scroll turbo that wouldn't otherwise fit the Legacy's intercooler inlet position.

• 1 year later...
I always thought the injectors were smaller..thats good to know...BTW the dealer told me that the injectors were smaller......I knew that didn't sound wright.

Your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about. Same exact injectors.

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

STi DP fits but it is bit shorter than LGT DP

so u need to go to muffler shop and get a pipe that extends it

it should be around like $50 or so

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about. Same exact injectors.

Ya I kinda figured that out..when they couldn't figure out y my fan wouldn't shut off....I had to tell them what was wrong.....

Archived