LegacyGT.com

sti intake manifold swap

llietuviss

Ive searched a shitload, and i cant find a thread (if it exist) of a diy sti intake manifold swap (with pics) to the legacy. And yeah i know its not worth my time, but i got all the part basically, so its too late(so dont bother saying that its not worth it)...

so if anybody has some pics? or has a link to sumting... i would highly apreaciate it. Or even things i should watch out for...

thanks Val

Since you are already into the project, I will say that those nipples are vacuum lines. Top left is the brake vacuum line, front middle is part of the boost reference system, left of that is also part of the boost reference system, back lines are all different boost solenoid or reference lines.

You are basically going to need all the fuel mounts from the STi manifold and do some major re routing of wiring as it is completely different between the LGT and older STis. The vacuum lines are basically the same between all the turbo cars which is good but the routing again is different. Fuel lines you will need to unbolt from the stock manifold and bolt onto the STi one. Or just route them as cleanly as possible.

Its hard to say what you will need or problems to watch out for as we don't know what you have. Assuming this is the only piece you have you basically have a lot of re routing to do. Also know you will need some custom pieces for the TMIC to work as the system is again differently shaped. If you have an STi turbo then an STi TMIC will work. If you have the LGT turbo then there will be an issue.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Its hard to say what you will need or problems to watch out for as we don't know what you have. Assuming this is the only piece you have you basically have a lot of re routing to do. Also know you will need some custom pieces for the TMIC to work as the system is again differently shaped. If you have an STi turbo then an STi TMIC will work. If you have the LGT turbo then there will be an issue.

-Jake

this

why do you want sti intake manifold over the lgt manifold? so you can buy a new turbo, throttle body and intercooler and be slower than a lgt with a full turbo back and a tune?

Thnks bro.... the point is that the tgv deletes that i have are from an sti.... for the to work from what i understand it needs a sti manifold... im just not trying to spend more money since u have the sti im and the tgvs... i could care lessabout the im if i could fit the tgvs....

if you searched a little harder, you would find the 58375823859623 threads about sti swaps and realize that there is little to no major gains in doing so. The plastic manifold is better for heat soak anyways. Try a more refined search, and consider yourself lucky that you avoided the trolls

BMX where you at

I have the sti swap that your looking into for the most part. Although I bought the car with the setup so I have no idea how intensive the install is. Only diff is I have the silver manifold vs your red one which I think is basically the same and im running the sti tmic vs your fmic. Now I will say this swap is not going to compare lets say newer turbo's. Ive ridden in them and there just more capable. But since you already aquired everything id say go for it also assuming turbo is in good shape? No shaft play etc. With all that said im sure you will enjoy the results of the swap there is no denying that. I mean it is by far going to more enjoyable then stock. Even with being on stock injectors and normal 91 octane at a mile high i was still capable of running high 13's at our local track. Not to shabby for an older swap. Hope this works out for you and if you need any pics or advice on how something is ran let me know. Also you might try contacting LosAngelesLGT im pretty sure he just sold his setup but he might have some insight on your install.

BTW- What series turbo did you end getting for this?

you might need different fuel rails and side feed/top feed injectors for a whole swap. Not sure about that tho. Why not just keep the LGT intake on there and sell all that other shit?

i have 05 lgt, which is sidefeed... from what i know the sti (or at least the mani and tgvs that i have) are also sidefeed...unless im missing sumthing....

You don't need an STi or WRX manifold do TGV deletes. The JDM TGVs have slightly different holes so you need to open up the manifold holes slightly. Grimmspeed's use the OEM USDM housings so those are bolt on. Granted you have the stuff so I suppose its a non point now. If the TGVs are side feed then you will be able to bolt on the fuel rails and injectors. Just plan to test and re test everything as all the systems you are touching are very important to the tune etc.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

• 2 years later...

Archived