LegacyGT.com

Sti exhaust on LGT?

izzys05lgt

Ok so i picked up my 05lgt about a month ago. Ive been lookin for exhausts since the day i got it but cant really find anything thats is affordable.

i like the sound/look of the cobb cbe and xo2(although ive heard sum bad things)

but my question is will an sti exhaust..for example blitz nur spec..fit on my lgt after sum piping mods of course. i dont kno that much about moding cars so bear with me

Depends on the year Sti however to keep things simple for you I would try to look for used LGT parts only because the STi is single exhaust and is routed differently under the car. Like the above poster mentioned you can find great deals on exhaust in the classified section. You can also modd sections of your exhaust if you aren't sure how you want the end result to come out. I would say start with rear of the car and work forward.

A good set of mufflers help the LGT out a good bit then move to the Mid and Y-pipes. many times you will find modifications past the Down pipe are sufficient and the drone from certain modifications make driving a pain at certain RPM ranges. If that doesn't suit your fancy look into a turbo back kit it is a one stop shop type of deal you get the Down pipe, mid and Y-pipes and a set of mufflers. You will need to get tuned ( as you should with most modifications but it isnt required) to optimize the mods.

And never rule out your own ideas. If there is something you want and dosent exist MAKE IT or have a guy that knows how to make it do it:) you'll find that having a custom exhaust put together with you own components ( resonator(s), muffler(s), Dp of your chosing) is cheaper than a off the shelf Cobb or MagnaFlow or SPT kit (which are all excellent setups)

Archived