LegacyGT.com

steering wheel with S# button

kongzilla

I want to know how hard or is it even possible to add the S# button on the steering wheel. I usually drive on I mode. But I'd like a quick hit on the fly to S# to pass someone if I had too. I find it a little time consuming to reach down to turn the knob.

My car is a manual. Looks like all the photo that I'm able to find of the S# button is on a auto. Are the compatible?

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2008-subaru-legacy-outback-4-door-h4-auto-ll-bean-w-nav-steering-wheel_100297899_l.jpg

http://www.gaywheels.com/images/subaru/legacygt/07_Legacy_spec.B_sportSIDRive_web.jpg

The 'I' in the box and the arrow buttons above and below is for the information in the center of the IP for cycling through things like mileage, outside temp, etc. The 'I' button specifically is for more information if any is available like if you have some sort of schedule set up in the car for event reminders or something.

The S# button just turns the car to Sport#, after it is warmed up of course, and then when pressed again returns it to the previously set mode whether it be Sport or Intelligent modes.

Hope this helps.

Monk

I have an "S" button that came off of a steering wheel that I bought. If someone wants to throw me a few bucks they can have to to try out.

Basically cover shipping costs and it is yours.

does this come with wiring?

It comes with whatever wiring is pictured here. Looks like the wheel-side pigtails are there.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/phenryiv1/For%20Sale/LStuff.jpg

that's an unusual picture considering 1. it's an 08+, 2. it's an auto, 3. it has SI drive but 4. doesn't have paddle shifters. all USDM 07+ auto gt's came with si drive and paddle shifters (and 3.0r's for that matter)

Looks like an outback xt to me...

for 5eat cars

07 legacy gt has si-drive, but no paddle shifters (same steering wheel as 05-06)

08 and 09 legacy gt has si-drive and paddle shifters (newer steering wheel)

07, 08, and 09 outback xt has si-drive, but no paddle shifters

Good luck with the mod, but I don't think it will work in you 07.

08 and 09s have a different roll connector with an additional harness connector for the extra steering wheel functions.

FYI - 08 wheel and 07 are not the same. I tried it on my LGT. You'll need the aribag since it's different if you want to even try it. You'll also need to figure out the wiring since it's not in the harness that currently hooked up to an 07 wheel.

• 1 month later...

What exactly does the up/down arrow buttons, and the "i" button control? The display in the dash? Is the 08-09 displays the same? I am interested because I am not a fan of the momo wheel on my spec b. Its like holding a rock.

Thanks

What exactly does the up/down arrow buttons, and the "i" button control? The display in the dash? Is the 08-09 displays the same? I am interested because I am not a fan of the momo wheel on my spec b. Its like holding a rock.

Thanks

The up/down arrows cycle through the multi-function display. Odometer, MPG, stupid throttle angle graphic, trip time. The "i" just brings up any information message such as door open.

Archived