LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 w/stock CBE 05 lgt

lee07

Will I be fine running it like this? How much hp lost from not having 3" cbe? Tuner really wants me to buy a 3" cbe instead of keeping the stock cbe as he says its very restrictive. I am running with the stock turbo still. Should I keep my cbe or buy aftermarket one. I Want to keep the stock/sleeper look and don't want such a lot exhaust. So is the stock cbe very restrictive for stage 2 and stock turbo or just fine

from what I've researched the stock cbe isnt really that restrictive untill you get to stg 3 levels. I'm Stg2e on the stock cbe and no probs what so ever. Your $ could be better put elsewhere, stg 2 is a great imporvement over stock have fun

from what I've researched the stock cbe isnt really that restrictive untill you get to stg 3 levels. I'm Stg2e on the stock cbe and no probs what so ever. Your $ could be better put elsewhere, stg 2 is a great imporvement over stock have fun

That's what I thought and read. I'll keep my stock cbe. Now how's the noise on your car when idling? Even a slight/tiny rumble is all I want.

Stock CBE is fine for stage 2 levels. In fact, the larger diameter CBE won't give you that much more power if you did add it at your power level. At least not enough to justify the cost.

I would save the money and dump it into suspension instead.

I run stock catback on my personal lgt with a fp hta68/e85/fmic setup and wouldn't trade the quiet nature of it for the world. At my mod level im sure i am leaving a noticable amount on the table but its worth it to me. I may test it on the dyno someday and drop the catback for a pull. My old Wrx was loud, I wanted something completely different for this setup. Plus it gains NO attention from the wrong crowd.;)

All personal preference.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Tuner really wants me to buy a 3" cbe instead of keeping the stock cbe as he says its very restrictive.

I don't know that I'd trust your tuner if he doesn't know the answer to one of the most commonly asked questions on this forum. :rolleyes:

I don't have to but it's recommended to go get a protune for a catted DP with the Ap v1 stage 2 right? Somones selling a catted perrin DP locally that I may buy. No issues running cobbs stage 2 til I'm ready for a custom tune is there as it is catted vs cattless.

The only reason to upgrade injectors on these cars if when you upgrade the turbo or decide you want to do an e85 tune which requires 30% more fuel. Otherwise your fine.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived