LegacyGT.com

Squeaky rear end

sactojesse

Ever since I put Bilstein HDs (pinks F/JDM LGT wagon R) on my wagon, the back end has been making annoying squeaking noises over bumps. I've retorqued the top bolts and the bottom shock bolt to factory specs, but the noises persist. :confused: I've searched before and read threads regarding others having problems w/ bushing noise or sway bar noise, but those weren't making any noise w/ my stock rear shock/spring combo with the JDM RSB and AVO reinforcement brackets I am currently running. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I think i have the same noise. I though it was the window making the noise. (I open the rear door and shake the window, it make a similar noise). I just have my Bilstein + Pink for 1 week. I am still trying to figure out.

I use mobil 1 syth bushing grease on my car. I havent ever had a bushing noise yet.

Thanks, I will look for it. The strange thing is that I never heard bushing noise w/ the stock suspension though. It doesn't make sense that the onset of bushing noise would coincide with the installation of new rear shocks/springs. :confused:

I recently went to GT Billys (springs: pink in front, spec B in rear).

I have that groink sound on some bumps also - except that I definitely had it pre-swap. more evidence that it could be in the RSB bushings....

Archived