LegacyGT.com

SPT intake???

Guinnesspower

Why is dyno in quotes - was it a true comparison of the parts on a dyno, or something else?

I think he was putting extra emphasis on the word dyno to imply that it was an actual test of the product as opposed to the previous poster who stated he likes the product but offered no empirical data to support his claim.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I don't have any yet. I get my software in march and will run the SPT vs Stock intake to see the difference. The software does a rolling dyno. Good software. Should give a good comparison. I just don't see how it can hurt. The tube is smooth, way better than the ribbed factory one.

So what was the increase or decrease?

didn't run it before the intake, but it was in the same ballpark as other cars with similar mods on that dyno. it was also 107 degrees in the dyno room that day.

I just don't see how it can hurt. The tube is smooth, way better than the ribbed factory one.

This tube is smooth, not ribbed like factory

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/trowabarton420/IMG_0844.jpg

Maybe I'm just lost. How can something with a smoother route for airflow as well as a higher flow filter lose power?

laminar flow is dependent on more than just the texture inside the intake.

Fair enough. Just kind of surprised that SPT would make a part that loses power. I mean, I understand it's another way for them to make money, but why bother if it's a waste of money to begin with?
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Maybe I'm just lost. How can something with a smoother route for airflow as well as a higher flow filter lose power?

It was the wierd S-curve in the intake tubing that was giving funky, inconsistant MAF readings. Plus, the cast tube radiated a lot of heat. I got one, left it on for a month, and then took it off cause i started to get some studdering issues. Some theory is that switching between aggressive and laid-back driving can cause studdering, but it is not as bad with my stock airbox. I do miss the sucking sound coming from under my hood....

Yeah, I just find it interesting that it "didn't work out as planned". Because you and I both know that it's just not that easy. So much money, time, R&D goes into these parts. Then, they hit a production line when they have passed certain credentials. Honestly I'm just surprised that these parts would slip out of the factory and be worse than the originals.
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

I find my LGT has more power with the SPT Intake now that the temps have dipped into the 30's and 40's - even in the 50's she feels more than willing.

That's got little to do what the intake you're running and a wholeheckofalot to do with cold dense air and a very cold intercooler.

I think he was putting extra emphasis on the word dyno to imply that it was an actual test of the product as opposed to the previous poster who stated he likes the product but offered no empirical data to support his claim.

+1

Archived