LegacyGT.com

SPT exhaust user comments...

turbo2nr

Pics are here...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=926591#post926591

Great piece! The mufflers are both a straight thru design! I was a little shocked. Perfect for a turbo car. The worst thing you could do is to put on a baffled style muffler, that's suppost to do something with individual pulses (flowmaster, style) as that does not work on turbo cars.

Like someone else has siad, the SPT system is shiny, bling. I like it on a black wagon.

The over all sound is perfect for me. I'd say a little louder than a stock STi. The concussion (deep potatoe, potatoe boom) is not so bad, I have had another system on an STi that was too loud. It would fill the car with too much boom, like a garbage truck pulling out from an alley.

I'm keeping mine!

In the car, the exhaust note is not mind numbing loud, and I think it passes EPA, or ?? Noise levels...BUT, last night I was in bed, and my wife started the suby in the driveway to go drop off a kid. I jumped out of bed, to look at what that was. I thought she was in my 07 corvette with Billy Boat exhaust. The Suby seemed much louder and scarier in my house for some reason. It seemed louder from inside my house, than from outside. Weird acoustics?

Yes, I absolutly do feel more power with the SPT air filter and the exhaust.

Spoolup is a little quicker, mid-rpm has MUCH stronger punch, top, has a little bit more pull. I installed both the air filter and exhaust at once.

Now I have to do something about the alignment, or caster. The car feels almost like a FWD car, with the steering wheel ready to jump to the left or right under power. I almost need both hands on the wheel to keep it in my lane. Any suggestions??

Scott

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been reading about this package for what seems like a couple of months. When I spoke to my local dealer yesterday, they seems unfamiliar with it ( until he checked his SPT catalog, which still didn't refer to the 'package', just the individual items ). Did you purchase it from your local dealer?

Thanks in advance.

No WAY!

I ordered it from Liberty Subaru (NJ)...faster, saved tax, came right to my door, and cheaper than ANYWHERE.

1-888-suby-4wd

It's a dealership next to the Subaru parts warehouse. They sell parts cheap and get a kickback from Subaru for being the #1 parts seller year after year.

You can hear every little bit of air being sucked in the turbo, and the BOV opening to recirculate the air thru the SPT air filter. It's pretty loud up front.

Im sure the Perrin is a good unit also.

Oh, so you put it on a wagon! Could you please post some pics?! Pretty please! As many as possible :)

And about the sound - no droning inside at highway speeds despite the lack of a resonator?

I luv teh wagons! My first Suby was a WRX wagon, blue....ran low 11s at the track. What a F'n great time!!

The WRX was so new, nobody knew what the wagon was. I spanked so much ass that year, my hands hurt. ahhh....memories.....sold back to the dealer after I beat the snot out of it, stripped it back to stock, and bought a sedan...then a STI..then...

I will post pics.

I highly approve of this, even for a family of four. Not too loud, and a good deep sound that will make all other 4-banger green with envy. The OEM radio has no problem making the exhaust sound dissaper if needed, with the windows rolled up.

Not much drone at all. It's EPA approved. Very plesant sound! Major change from the stock mufflers!! Sounds just like an STi with a little more rumble.

I have no back-fire with the factory DP, but I will be adding on a cat-less Crucial DP soon, and maybe my AVO 500 turbo, and a higher stall converter, (I've an auto)

I expect back-fire without a kitty-cat.

Scott

If it does not fit, or u have a prob...Subaru will have your back. You better check on that warrenty before you say that. I believe it does have a 30 parts warrenty against defects.

Good luck with the Chinese return policy:lol:

They don't even have a phone or answer emails

I have a POS Chinese system just sitting under my house collecting dust and crickets

No such thing, the factory warrantee excludes exhaust components. Sneaky bastards...lol.

ORLY?

Actually Federal law requires manufacturers to warranty all emissions related componets, which includes the original equipment exhaust. If you have the SPT pack installed at time of vehicle delivery it will also be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. OEM emissions related devices typically carry a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Archived