LegacyGT.com

Springs that do NOT drop the car

Maddie08

All the springs lower the car at least a little bit. I think Eibach/Rallitek springs lower the car by less than 1 inch though. You could look into running different top hats or spacers to negate the drop from the springs. Even my 88 year-old grandmother can get into my car that is lowered on pinks and I drive through deep snow in winter, so the ride height with conservative lowering springs is not a big deal

JDM LGT springs are the only ones that come to mind, but the front springs are designed to work w/ Bilstein/Spec B style top hats. You'll actually raise the front end by around 1/2" - 5/8" if you run a JDM LGT front spring with a USDM KYB-style top hat/strut combo.

• 2 weeks later...

In this vein...

Many of the roads where I live are UNBELIEVABLY bad. I have to avoid one in particular to save my wheels. Dirt roads would be better.

Given my geography, I would like to go with a longer-travel but better-damped ride. I do more fast back road touring than anything else.

How about a strut suggestion to pair with stock (wagon) springs? The KYBs are just about done, and I would like to order something to have installed when the new clutch goes in. Koni's? What about HDs?

What's an acceptable pairing with stock springs?

Konis with stock top hats or Bilstein HD with Spec B top hats. They will work fine with stock springs but would be better matched with pinks, Rallitek, or MSI springs and you will still have lots of travel

In fact, I bottom out a lot less with JDM GT Bilsteins + pinks than when I was on stock suspension

Archived