LegacyGT.com

Speed Traps - CO

djmonkey841

Here's what I've gotten from the help of a couple people

- Bowles aproching Santa Fe - motorcycle cops are always by a bus stop there right after all the housing ends

- Northbound on Garison by Belmar Elementary - like to hide behind some trees by the horse areana

- Kipling between Jewell and Florida - theres a turnabout where they sit and watch both directions

- Santa Fe northbound just north of Bowles - SUV cops sit at an onramp just before prince and you cant see them till your next to them

- Eastbound 6th - saw a cop there two days ago sitting on the side of the road just before union

- Yale around the greenbelt/stone cottage - couple places around there

- Wadsworth past Quincy - they will sometimes sit in the middle of wads. at night waiting for people speeding up the hill from quincy

- On Oxford between Santa Fe and Broadway...If you're coming from Broadway it's right at the bottom of the hill...I always see two cops right there and they always have at least 1 person pulled over.

- On your way up to Boulder on hwy 93...just as you're approaching the football stadium coming from golden...if you look straight ahead I've seen cops a couple time up on the side of the hill...and when you're going up the hill just past the stadium they're right at the top of it.

- If you're on Morrison coming from C-470...they're right around the bend by the horse stables (it used to be a driving range)

In Aurora, on Mississippi, between I25 and Buckley. A pair of motorcycle cops sit on the same corner shooting traffic traveling westbound. Whatever they are shooting does not set off my V1, so I'm sending it in for an upgrade.

Is it just me, or I am I experiencing deju vue? I know I've read this somewhere else recently. :D

CJ

fellow pirate

Yeah...I thought I'd start it here too...since I don't know how many people are pirates from here

I also see them two spots on Hampden...on is just east of Federal right at that entrance to the motor home park, they're there almost everyday...the other is just past Downing...right where Hampden curves to the left...to the right there's a dirt path, I see them hiding back there a lot

Yeah...I thought I'd start it here too...since I don't know how many people are pirates from here

yeah, I know...just givin' ya sh!t. it was just funny 'cause I think john posted the exact same words just after your post too. keep 'em pirates lurking...

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Luxomissle waGONE

• 2 weeks later...
36th right after you past sheridan east bound. It drops from 65 to 55 and I always see people getting pulled over right at federal.

i got pulled over there at the end of last yr, i think i was going 85 or so but he said i was doing 75, and gave me a warning.

This Space For Rent

Sobriety Checkpoints count? Last night (Friday) on South University Highlands Ranch Suburbia, in front of the rec center, the whole west bound lane had to go through the checkpoint. There were sherrifs and Littleton police... moms in suburbans, dogs jumping into the back seats, everyone on cell phones telling of the indencency... pure hysteria. Guess you had to be there...

Sobriety Checkpoints count? Last night (Friday) on South University Highlands Ranch Suburbia, in front of the rec center, the whole west bound lane had to go through the checkpoint. There were sherrifs and Littleton police... moms in suburbans, dogs jumping into the back seats, everyone on cell phones telling of the indencency... pure hysteria. Guess you had to be there...

Yeah...I've been through one of those before...it was on Bowles between Wads and Kipling...They even had motorcycle cops hiding in the trees by the streets before you reached the checkpoint that would pull over anyone that turned off to avoid the checkpoint

how about we add red light cameras too (the ones that take your pic when you run red lights)

- Potomac and Mississippi

- Iliff and Blackhawk

thats all i can think off the top of my head, oh yeah, accidents have increased since the cameras have been installed

Glad to see/hear that this happens. I think it should happen every night at random locations....

• 9 months later...
how about we add red light cameras too (the ones that take your pic when you run red lights)

- Potomac and Mississippi

- Iliff and Blackhawk

thats all i can think off the top of my head, oh yeah, accidents have increased since the cameras have been installed

- Mississippi and Chambers

east bound bowles at oak(just west of kipling) they sit in front of the church and clock people all day. saw on the news it is jefferson countys trap that gets the most tickets. its right by my house and they pulled me over for no front plate and tinted rear plate. no ticket but the hassle sucks...northbound broadway north of mineral, littleton pd sits behind a sign before courtesy acura and its difficult to see him...thank you passport 8500...unmarked dodge charger(black) patroling 6th ave just looking for aggresive drivers, but ive been clocked mutiple times by him:icon_mad:

This looks like a thread for DENVER to me, not CO!

There's just more people posting that drive regularly in the Denver area. If you have some outside of the metro area, post them up.

I just remembered one from my trips up to Ft Collins & Greely. Northbound I-25 past Thorton right about the time I-25 goes from 3 to 2 lanes. He sits in the median right on the other side of a slight hill, so you can't see him until it's too late. (there's a cop there about 85% of the time I make that drive)

I always see people pulled over between the Longmont exit and Loveland exit on I-25

Also. I-25 north of Wellington haulin up to the Wyoming border. I never see cops out there but I know of many (including myself) who have been popped up there.

I just remembered one from my trips up to Ft Collins & Greely. Northbound I-25 past Thorton right about the time I-25 goes from 3 to 2 lanes. He sits in the median right on the other side of a slight hill, so you can't see him until it's too late. (there's a cop there about 85% of the time I make that drive)

I believe you are refering to the group just south of the HWY 52 exit. I've noticed that there usually is a car sitting on the previous overpass. I suspect that is their spotter. Drive the route every day, and haven't seen em since Christmas.

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

Apparently I-25 around the Steele st bridge. Got clocked doing 76 in a 55. Mandatory court... gah!

Yeah, I got clocked doing 79 in that same area. Thank god he didn't catch how fast I was going before I slammed on the brakes when I saw him. He was so pissed he asked how fast I was really going. :hide:

There's just more people posting that drive regularly in the Denver area. If you have some outside of the metro area, post them up.

CO Springs motorcycle trap on I-25 northbound near MLK bypass. I-25 North of Pueblo around MM104. I-25 South of Pueblo on Stem Beach Overpass. If you routinely exceed 80mph between Pueblo and CO Springs, you WILL eventually get a ticket.

Archived