LegacyGT.com

Speed Limiter

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Spec B hit 137, no audible alert . . . just felt like I ran over something and the car immediately lost ~3-4 mph. Per both techs I talked to at the Suby dealer, this cannot be removed (they are friends that work for Subaru, not just employees with an opinion!).

My Spec B hit 137, no audible alert . . . just felt like I ran over something and the car immediately lost ~3-4 mph. Per both techs I talked to at the Suby dealer, this cannot be removed (they are friends that work for Subaru, not just employees with an opinion!).

Bet your Spec. felt pretty stabile at that speed.

Don't bet me. :icon_wink No need. :)

Never had a noise in my Rex and I could bury the needle at 6 o'clock. My LGT feels unstable at 125 and above. Also, not quite the young ricer I used to be. I've never hit the rev limiter in my baby, let alone from maxing out 5th gear. Although everyone who drives my car does ("whoa, that comes up fast!").

• 8 months later...

I've pegged mine up to 140 on a straight section of track when it was stock and it just felt like vapor lock for a split second. If you hit the fuel cut off hard you can get that extra couple MPH. Mine feels smooth as glass up there. I haven't been back to that track since I went stage2+ but I think my map will allow for 170MPH although I don't think you can get there from here.

What is the theoretical top speed for our gear sets @redline in 5th?

Let's kick this pig!

Archived