LegacyGT.com

What are the specs of the stock LGT head unit?

SC GT

[quote name='Xenonk']160 watts @ 4 channels, i assume it's 4 ohms.. and 2 ohms for the tweeters.. my best guess. WRX was no more than 30w x 4 at 4 ohms. Keefe[/quote] Actually, I think the stock WRX deck is 20w x 4. My WRX deck didn't have enough to adequately power a set of Infinity Reference speakers. The stock Leg deck, with twice the power, should do the job. Good deal! Now all I have to do is get a Legacy.

[quote name='GranTourer']Keefe, Is that 160 watts RMS or Peak?[/quote] Peak.. RMS is usually less than half of Peak.. unless you have one kick'n Amp. I wont know the brand of the company who makes the headunit until I take the center console out a bit to see who makes it. I wouldn't be suprised if it was Fujitsu (I think the WRX was a Fujitsu system). Thanks for correcting me on the WRX specs. I was being optimistic about the OVERALL performance for the car via bang for the buck. Keefe
Keefe

anyone know what the exact measurements are, in terms of where the stereo in the legacy is housed? Just curious, because I was wondering if any of these two units would fit...given that they have the ISO-mount capability for Japanese vehicles...? here's the link: [url]http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product_type.jsp?productTypeId=19[/url] later, i.

anyone know what the exact measurements are, in terms of where the stereo in the legacy is housed? Just curious, because I was wondering if any of these two units would fit...given that they have the ISO-mount capability for Japanese vehicles...? here's the link: [url]http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product_type.jsp?productTypeId=19[/url] later, i.

Any din sized receiver marked E, I, J or DD (double din) would fit and since those two kenwoods are DD they would fit with no need for a pocket below the stereo. Although, it might be a while till there is an aftermarket center console that will have these openings along with the integrated climate controls.

Archived