LegacyGT.com

Where are the Spec B's

Are these cars so hard to come by? I'm about to buy a Legacy GT, which is hard enough to find, I went to check out 2 and they were sold before I arrived at the dealership.:spin: How limited are the Spec B?

'06 was the first year (a couple are for sale on this site actually)...SpecB's are just a different...well...spec'd package...Bilstein suspension, Nav, different interior for each year....Search around for a bit, look at pictures, etc to find the year you want

They were "regular production" in 07, but I heard they only made like 480 of them due to supplier problems with one of the parts, I don't know which one. 08 and 09 seem to be more common.

where would one find production numbers for 08 spec b's? My dealer told me that they were still only producing 500 of these specific models per year. Was he bull shitting me?

Thanks.

yes.

Gotcha, I should be quite content with the GT right? I currently drive an 2001 A4 2.8 Quattro.

Yes ... you should.

There are a ton of arguments here on whether or not the SpecB is worth the extra $$ over the GT.

They are almost the identical vehicles. Major differences are in the struts, wheels/tires, navigation, seats, torsen LSD ..... and 6MT.

I personally got a great deal and didn't pay much of a premium over the LGTs available when I looked. My opinion at the time was that the small premium (in my deal) was money well spent.

Good luck.

Gotcha, I should be quite content with the GT right? I currently drive an 2001 A4 2.8 Quattro.

It all depends on if you think the extras you get with the Spec. B are something you would like or are willing to pay the extra money for. For me, I didn't want the navigation system and I didn't think the other extras were worth the additional price. If you'd like to compare all the different features between the LGT and Spec. B from each year you should check out this site: http://www.cars101.com.

Archived