LegacyGT.com

Spec.B SubWoofer

yeshia

i dont see why it would, unless you fry something by accident (its been known to happen) are you looking at the oem unit? if so its a very simple install.... do a search on oem subwoofer.... also subwoofer, theres plenty of great info on here.

are you looking at the oem unit? if so its a very simple install.... do a search on oem subwoofer.... also subwoofer, theres plenty of great info on here.
Maybe you're the one who ought to be searching before posting. The OEM subwoofer for the the Legacy/Outback is mutually exclusive with the OEM navigation system and Subaru won't let you order a new Legacy/Outback equipped with both. This is because they're both designed to be mounted under the driver's seat. The install might not be so simple.

Subaru dealer told me that the Sub wouldnt fit under the seat because the DVD-Nav is under there. I really dont want to do anything too severe. I just would like more bass... something simple would be nice.

']Maybe you're the one who ought to be searching before posting. The OEM subwoofer for the the Legacy/Outback is mutually exclusive with the OEM navigation system and Subaru won't let you order a new Legacy/Outback equipped with both. This is because they're both designed to be mounted under the driver's seat. The install might not be so simple.

oh god i stand corrected, sorry i dont know every fact about the subaru lgt. i was trying to be helpful... im sure it wouldnt be too hard to extend the harness with a little bit of wire and mount under the passenger seat.

Hey I appreciate any input here. Im not even sure if the Spec.B comes with the harness for the sub, being as it isnt even an option for the car.. how eFFin stupid is that? Any one know if the wiring is there? Thanks

Hey I appreciate any input here. Im not even sure if the Spec.B comes with the harness for the sub, being as it isnt even an option for the car.. how eFFin stupid is that? Any one know if the wiring is there? Thanks

I believe that the Spec.B headunit has the hookup for the OEM sub behind it still. I know I've seen at least one person on here who has mounted the sub underneath their passenger seat using only velcro to hold it down.

Edit: http://legacygt.com/forums/643875-post13.html

• 11 months later...
I took my car into my dealer with a sub, hogzaust, removed resonator, and just reinstalled intake (didn't want them to find out about my CAI at the time) all they said was how I modified the exhaust (removed resonator only), nothing about my huge 4 guage blue amp wire, or my new and improved bat + terminal connector.

It was the first thing i did in my spec b. In fact, i removed the sub from my 98 GT and just moved it into my new car.

The bracket did not fit, but velcro works fine. it's currently under the passenger seat - cause yes, the NAVi is under the driver seat.

The wire comes with the sub. it just goes inline between the head unit and harness (basically a T )

go for it!

It was the first thing i did in my spec b. In fact, i removed the sub from my 98 GT and just moved it into my new car.

The bracket did not fit, but velcro works fine. it's currently under the passenger seat - cause yes, the NAVi is under the driver seat.

The wire comes with the sub. it just goes inline between the head unit and harness (basically a T )

Same thing I did - mounted under the passenger seat with velcro. It never moves. :)

-Mike-

I wired up an Infinity Basslink (10") when I first got my legacy and it sounds fantastic. The wiring was made easier with a pair of wiring harnesses provided to me by Patagonia GT.

Basically, removed the head unit, spliced up the wires (the Basslink has speaker-level inputs which works great for OEM stereos), run the power, ground and remote (there are quite a few wires running to the trunk which took some effort to hide), and it sounds great. The remote (just a little box with a dial on it) is right in the driver side footwell next to the shift lever.

It'll sound a lot better than the Subaru sub, but it does cost more. Still leaves plenty of trunk room too.

Pics:

http://fantastipotamus.go-dedicated.com/images/specb/trunk.JPG

Interior, a wider shot, and up-close of the remote, there's still a gain on the Basslink itself, so this is just secondary.

http://fantastipotamus.go-dedicated.com/images/specb/interior.JPG

http://fantastipotamus.go-dedicated.com/images/specb/upclose.JPG

Archived