LegacyGT.com

Spec B driving experience

Hey,

I'm off to the dealer tomorrow to order a '09 Spec B. Yeah!!!

The test drive was great, especially playing with the SI-Drive, but what I'm wondering from all you Spec B lovers is what's the driving experience like?

You've had the car, perhaps, for a few years, or perhaps you have the '08, which would be similar to the '09. What's it like after a few months in the cockpit?

Any personal driving experience anecdotes - the good and the bad - I can expect to also experience?

Thanks!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The si-drive isn't too useful in the manual transmission equipped vehicles imo. I pretty much just put mine is S# whenever I get in the car. Wish it would default to that mode. I still love driving it though after 6 or 7 months now. The 08 also seems to respond really well to tuning.

I owned my '05 LGT when the car was still pretty new, so hopefully my experiences will be really different than yours.

Hi Penguin, yes I read some of your responses in my other post, you didn't seem to happy with the '05. Lots of issues. Hopefully, my '09 will work out better :)

I'm really happy with the car after almost 2 years. Have been tinkering and doing performance modification .... but am extremely happy.

Think I gave you my opinions in the other thread.

Camber owns a SpecB (07 I believe) and he lives in Ottawa. He's pretty helpful. You may wish to drop him a PM.

Good luck.

The si-drive isn't too useful in the manual transmission equipped vehicles imo. I pretty much just put mine is S# whenever I get in the car. Wish it would default to that mode. I still love driving it though after 6 or 7 months now. The 08 also seems to respond really well to tuning.

I was thinking of doing the same when I get mine, though gas could get costly. I guess the default setting is for some to get to the mall and back in one piece, not much fun though ;)

I'm really happy with the car after almost 2 years. Have been tinkering and doing performance modification .... but am extremely happy.

Think I gave you my opinions in the other thread.

Camber owns a SpecB (07 I believe) and he lives in Ottawa. He's pretty helpful. You may wish to drop him a PM.

Good luck.

Thanks fonts, your earlier responses in my other post were very helpful. Glad to hear it's still good for you. I'll check out Camber.

It will either default to S or I mode depending on where you left it. The coolant temp has to be at a specific temperature before you can switch to S# so it won't allow S# as a default settings.

S is basically the same as S# but requires more pedal input. I mode pretty much sucks and if you're used to driving in S# it takes a minute to get used to. I do find I mode useful for really poor road conditions though as it limits requested torque which limits boost as well.

Hey, I have a 2005 LGT that had a few issues under warranty, but it's still the most enjoyable car I've ever owned and I've owned many great cars over the years...I just turned 58. This is the only car I've ever considered keeping for the long term just because there's nothing else comparable to buy that has AWD, good turbo power/handling and the RBP/charcoal interior I've been enjoying for less then $30K.

This car is certainly a best kept secret and most of us who frequent this board have difficulty with SOA's decision to not market its attributes...Go buy one!

I've had my Spec B for almost 4 months now, and now after some help from mickeyd and rtbrjason the car feels a lot better and I'm enjoying it more thanks to the Stage 1 tuning we're doing.

Can you tell me more about this Stage 1 (and Stage 2?) tuning???

I owned my '05 LGT when the car was still pretty new, so hopefully my experiences will be really different than yours.
:lol::lol::lol:

it's the same f-ing car

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Had mine for about a year and a half now and wouldn't give it up for anything else in its class. I still get compliments on it all the time and ppl always asking what it is lol

Necessities for the real driving experience:

Accessport/Good Tune

Downpipe

Sway bars

and a set of snow tyres.

Add those and you'll see what this car should have been from the factory! :lol:

it's the same f-ing car

Well it's the same car plus some yellow bodied shocks, some different badges, and bigger heavier wheels and tires.:lol:

If it's anything like mine.... it will be noisy. It will be mechanically unreliable at times... and it will swill fuel like a 1/2 ton truck.

Well it's the same car plus some yellow bodied shocks, some different badges, and bigger heavier wheels and tires.:lol:

If it's anything like mine.... it will be noisy. It will be mechanically unreliable at times... and it will swill fuel like a 1/2 ton truck.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The experience and the thrill never gets old. Even though there are a several cars in my father's household, a couple which are rather exotic, I still enjoy driving the Legacy GT the most out of all of them. And it's also a head turner among chicks too =) I'm 18 and girls never get tired of the car =)

Had mine since October 06. Love it. Although I've done quite a bit to mine http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67187

but the car now has pretty much everything I'd want (cause I've put it in there) but it was a great base to start from.

*whiney voice on* It's overpriced!!! *whiney voice off*

yes, it was, but one needs to know how to negotiate and pit one dealer against another. I paid below invoice....:wub:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Ive had my 09-B for 4 months. Its a nice car. the 6 speed can get a little annoying in daily traffic. because of the short ratio's It feels like im constantly shifting up and down. Everything works well. the only issue i have is the hesitation problem most LGT's have at full throtle/ apparently Subaru hasnt come up with a fix for the 09's yet.

Archived