LegacyGT.com

Spec B: 06 vs. 07

VanillaEps

I placed a deposit on a 2006 Spec B on Monday night. 31k selling price; 33k out the door with plates, registration, inspection, and taxes. The car, out the door, comes out to 300 over invoice.

The dealership also has a 2007. The sales manager is willing to let the 2007 go for an extra $2,500 over the price of the 2006.

Is it worth it? I'm happy with the 2006. Just wondering what everyone else on the board would do....

Just looking for some feedback...

Thanks!

Get the 07...for the price of the 06.

I got my 06 in April for $31K plus tax and all that other stuff. It hink they could do a lil better on the price for you since the 07's are out...

Assuming everything else is the same, is it worth $2,500 for a 6 speed and traction control and memory seats and an aux in port and the bragging rights of it being an 07? Thats your call..

I would only go with the 06 at a lower price than $31K.

Wow, I was not expecting all these responses for the 2007. I really didn't think that there was much of a difference besides color. The SI drive is not something I would use very often, as I would keep it at Super Sport at all times and the aux would be replaced by an XM radio.

The 6-speed and possibly the memory seats would make it worth it...but for an extra $2,500 out of my pocket....

I'm not sure....

Wow, I was not expecting all these responses for the 2007. I really didn't think that there was much of a difference besides color. The SI drive is not something I would use very often, as I would keep it at Super Sport at all times and the aux would be replaced by an XM radio.

The 6-speed and possibly the memory seats would make it worth it...but for an extra $2,500 out of my pocket....

I'm not sure....

Also fold down seats. Sedans are poor choice in general (I am wagon zealot) but sedans without fold down seat.... :rolleyes:

Cancel your deal for 2006 and tell you'll take 2007 for $1500 more. Or just walk away and find another dealer.

I'm going to visit the dealer after work and see what can be done. My experience with this dealer has been extremely pleasant and I don't forsee any problems. Maybe a counter offer. However, I'm sure they'll eventually take the $1,500 offer.

Forgot to mention the options the 2006 comes with:

-Armrest extension

-Rear spoiler

-Auto-dimming/compass/homelink mirror

-All-weather floor mats

-XM radio

With all those options for $31k / $33k w/tax, title, registration, inspection

2006 has aftermarket XM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I paid less than that for a similar MY06 (just no XM) back in June.

You should be able to do better at this point. The fact that they still have a new MY06 on their lot means they should b willing to play some more.

Regardless, good luck.

FWIW, I LOVE my 06.

I hated the interior of the 07, and figured SI drive was just an excuse to use more gas (I'd be on ultra performance or whatever the heck it's called all the time). The split seats are nice, and so is the 6-speed...but for me, it wasn;t worth the wait...or the $$$.

Again...good luck!!!

Archived