LegacyGT.com

Speaker Upgrade

So I still have the stock LGT Limited system in my car, it doesn't sound bad but it isn't fantastic so I'm ready for a change. What are the best speakers I should get? I'm not going to be putting subs in or anything. I'm just going to get new speakers and a new deck. I'm going to leave the factory amp/sub whatever that thing is under the drivers seat lol

Also how hard is it to put speakers in the rear doors so I can upgrade to a 6 speaker audio system versus 4. I saw at one point in time that one of you posted a link to a forum on here showing step by step putting new speakers in. If you still have that please post the link on here! Thanks!

I put Alpine SPS-600's in my car and they sound awesome. They have a from kit with tweeters and a rear kit. The rear speakers suck to put in bcuz the rear seat needs to be taken out, only like 4 bolts. They cost me about $260 for the speakers from a local stereo shop. They have a model up also that I wanted but they need an amp and better wires to really sound good.

I also removed the stock amp/sub. I didn't notice much of a difference with it out. In its place will be a 250-350 4 channel amp when i get the money.

I'll probably just be buying the stuff online and then doing it myself with my dad's help. Do you know much about putting speakers in the rear doors? I know that there are holes there for them because I was looking at the new door I'm getting put on my car soon but I don't know if there are speaker wires going to that door.

In a sedan, no there are not. Only to the rear deck. But there are in a wagon, because the rear speakers are in the doors. I have a full set of wagon door cards, with the speaker cutouts if you want them. just pm me if youre interested. But either way, wiring them shouldnt be hard, if the deck is made for it.

That is a pretty interesting set up you have there. My dad is not wanting me to cut into the door panel of the rear doors to put the speakers in. He said that I will not do it... So scratch that idea haha

It does look good, it wouldn't last too long where I live. With no subs you will want to go with Polk. They have the better bass responce. Or you could get on eBay and buy some audiobahn. They don't make them any more. Not cause there junk either. I have 6.5 componants in front and rear. They are awsome!!! Lots of bass. Mids and highs are amazing. I have had alot of different speakers and I think these are the best sounding componants I've had.

are their amps good as well. they look cool

these look killer for the rear deck. as i think they have a deep mount.

Car Speakers 6-1/2" Component Systems Audiobahn ACIS62

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Speakers-6-1-2-Component-Systems-Audiobahn-ACIS62_W0QQitemZ160407986415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item25590fa0ef#ht_657wt_935

Today I was looking at the little amp that they put under the drivers seat in the limited editions and it is only 80 watts. That is nothing compared to the amps we have today. I'm still happy with the stock stereo though, it really isn't that bad. But I'm sure there will be a noticible difference when I get new speakers.

jay-d,

you might want to cover your amp as thats just preasuring thieves to break in. but other than that i like it

Yes, yes, they are covered :D.. a nice painted black piece of cardboard and you can't even tell with the tint in the back window :lol:

I had no where else to put my 4-channel amp as my mono amp is behind the seat to power the sub.

http://jay-d.com/marv/subbox/subbox_12.jpg

• 1 month later...
Ok, I'm bring this thread back to life... I need to know if anyone else has put speakers in the rear doors of their sedan. I want to do it and I want to see what I'm going to have to do. I'm getting door panels for a wagon for the back doors so the speakers will be able to sit right in there but I need to know about wiring..

Archived