LegacyGT.com

Spark Plug Part Numbers

OE= SILFR6A

You could not give me a Bosch spark plug. Total garbage unless your car came OE with them.

The OE is your best bet. There is another NGK number that will work but I stick with the OE's

Most parts stores will try and sell you the non-turbo plugs, which have a wide gap. Do not use them. The car calls for a .030 gap. If the NGK part number has an "-11" at the end of the part number it is a wide gap plug.

Exactly my point, the application guides in parts stores call for the incorrect plug (they call for -11's). Any place that sells NGK can order you the SILFR6A's, they just do not stock them.

Thanks for the insight. So what do these NGK Iridium's go to then, the 2.5i? - LFR6AIX-11 @ O'reilly with a gap recommendation of .030

NGK's site also says that these will work as well, so that makes it even more confusing.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the insight. So what do these NGK Iridium's go to then, the 2.5i? - LFR6AIX-11 @ O'reilly with a gap recommendation of .030

NGK's site also says that these will work as well, so that makes it even more confusing.

Ignore whatever Advance/Autozone/O'Reilly/Pep Boys has to say or what some random fitment guide tells you.

LFR6AIX-11 plugs are not a .030 gap. NGK's product number tells you they are .044 gap plugs. I know the NGK fitment guide says they will work for the GT, but they do not. If you go to their product number guide (http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/docs/tech/partnumberkey.pdf) you will see that they acknowledge the -11 is a .044 gap, so the listing for the GT on the "product finder" is erroneous. The best part is that they don't even list these for the 2.5i motor, in most cases they are a Toyota plug. :spin:

Go to the dealership. Give them your VIN. Get plugs. Be happy.

There is absolutely NO reason to NOT use OE spark plugs.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

NGK SILFR6A or SILFR6B are the ones to use. That is what we use in all of our customer cars. The SILFR6A is the one specific for the Legacy GT, the SILFR6B is for the STi, however they both work pretty interchangeably.

You don't need to go to the dealer to get these plugs.

-mike

Archived