LegacyGT.com

South Africa gets Limited Edition Prodrive Forrester

gfxdave99

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=3757752&fSectionId=1645&fSetId=381

Locally-developed upgrade for Subaru Forester

Subaru has added two locally-developed, limited-edition Forester Prodrive models to its South African range with more powerful engines, uprated wheels, tyres and suspensions, and bold aerodynamic packages.

The Forester XT Prodrive has been fitted with the turbocharged 2.5-litre engine used in the Impreza WRX Prodrive Edition and its suspension lowered by 50mm. It runs on 18" alloys shod with 225/45 rubber, and sports front lip and rally tailgate spoilers and a special grille.

Subaru SA managing director Teresita van Gaalen unveiled the car at the Durban auto show.

She said: "The Forester XT Prodrive combines performance, road-holding and the practicality of an SUV.

"This combination moves the Forester firmly into the sports wagon arena – it's arguably the ultimate solution for those who believe starting a family doesn't mean sacrificing motoring pleasure and performance.

The upgrade increase power from 169 to 185kW at 5600rpm and torque from 320 to 360Nm at 3000, by fitting a free-flow exhaust system and upgrading the engine management computer.

Subaru claims 0-100km/h sprint times of less than seven seconds for both manual and automatic versions.

Van Gaalen said: "The new engine map was determined after exhaustive local testing that enhanced performance without sacrificing driveability.

"The only requirement is that 95 RON unleaded petrol is used.

"Prodrive development provides aftermarket customers with opportunities to upgrade their cars without losing warranty cover or suffering a loss through unapproved technical alterations, that often result in damaged engines," she explained

"We now have four approved Prodrive dealers, in Bruma, Brynston, Midrand and Durbanl."

Only 50 Forester XT Prodrive units will be available from May at R359 000 for the five-speed manual and R369 000 for the four-speed semi-automatic.

Each will have a three year or 100 000km warranty and three year or 60 000km maintenance plan.

Published on the web by motoring.co.za on March 30, 2007

http://vne-resource.iol.co.za/30/picdb/1/7/100091

id rock one

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

they need it to run away from the lions

Unless it was a gay lion from that old episode of south park... Big gay al.. OOOH there's a gay lion "RAWWWR"

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

you don't want to see the lesbians get "eaten", do you?

:munch:

Im taking a Women's Studies course and my professor is a lesbian, however you would never know it. She was in a newspaper article about being gay and the paper wanted "gay" photos. Someone suggested that she have her picture taken in front of a Subaru. Knowing my fervor for Subaru she made a point to annouce this in class and ask me if she could borrow mine. ...my face turned a little red.

Archived