LegacyGT.com

solid or spherical endlinks

Skyguardian

this may have been discussed before but oh well ..

I just bought a set of F/R Zero/Sports sway bars and I'm still debating if I want to go with solid or spherical endlinks. I'll buy the AVO reinforcement bracket to go with it.

The car is mainly for DD but will see a few track days this summer ...

im using rallitek endlinks which are similar to stock but stronger with 5yr warrenty. great price too and fits great. good luck with avo rbs i had a hard time. if you dont have a high torque air wrench take to to a shop and ask if they can loosen it for you after take it back and tell them to tighten it for you.

I just bought Parin's from my Tuner I'll put them on over the long weekend, $135.00 for the fronts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, I just had to use a cutoff wheel to remove the end links on a 97 Honda Prelude. There end links mount the same way as the Subaru's. Some engineer thought it was a good idea to put a internal hex in the stud with a big nut that rust's onto the stud.

Hint, cut the end link off close to the bar and then use a punch to drive the stud out towards the nut.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea, you'll have to remove the y-pipe to get the bar out

you dont really have too but may be easier and faster. i took it out through the driver side and put a heavier and bigger new sway through the same way.

^ same here. Took a little bit of finesse, but i didn't have to remove the y-pipe.

i did drop my mufflers, though.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

haha well guess i'll have to find if finesse works for me :lol:

Since I will be pulling out the oem shocks and struts to replace them with biltsteins with swifts , can I pre-install something while i'm there or should I put the biltstein and then put the sways ?

Yet another newbie question ... what king of grease did you use for the swaybar bushings ?

I'm not a mechanic n00b but its my first mods on the leggy so I want to take all the precautions !

ok installed my fronts in 2hrs going back and forth to get tool form the house. pic of sway compared to oem http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2934542&postcount=3

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4827/0525001214.th.jpg raceramps expensive but makes everything easier

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2332/0525001326.th.jpg passengerside rallitek endlinks with whiteline sway

Sweet, another guy with two-piece RaceRamps! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

For the rears, it makes it easier if you just unbolt one of the mufflers from the y-pipe. Removing them from the hanger isn't necessary, but the gap makes it easier to get the old one off, and the new one on.

After that, just unbolt the mounts, unbolt the endlinks, remove the sway bar, and reverse it for the install.

I didn't bother to remove the front splash guard. All I did was remove that plate that has the 20 million bolts in it and slid the old bar out and slid the new bar in.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Archived